Home Chat General Chat

Slipping Saddle

Hi all, just a problem i've been having with my bike that I can't seem to solve.

I built it myself for the first time and put some grease on the seat post before putting it in the frame. Now it seems to always slip down when I go out on the roads (over any bumps basically - its fine if I do it on the turbo). No matter how hard I tighten it it just wont stay up.

I've tried washing it and the slot in the frame but that hasn't helped. I was then suggested to use some sandpaper - although that hasn't helped either. Anyone got any ideas?! Its really destroying my legs in the long cycles as I slip down about 2 inches throughout the ride!

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Spray some de-greaser on the post and the clamp, leave it on there for a few mins then wash (well) off.

That should get rid of and oily deposits. Dosn't matter how much you wash things with normal soap and water, you need de-greaser to get rid of oil and grease.

Hope this helps.

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Try using a bottle brush to make sure the seat tube is completely grease free as well. I had problems with my seat post slipping, seems I wasn't doing it up tight enough as I was too afraid of crushing the carbon fibre, bought a torque wrench from screwfix to do it up to the recommended setting and not had any porblems since.