Home Chat General Chat

Tatton Park Triathlon September 19/20 2009

Tatton Park Triathlon takes place on 19th and 20th September 2009 - Great event for novices

Need a Triathlon challenge for 2009

The event attracted 650 entrants in its first year and has already approaching 500 entrants for the 2009 event. Capacity has increased but book early to avoid disappointment. A new Super Sprint has been launched for those first timers who want to just try a triathlon.

Super Sprint

Sprint

Olympic

www.tattontriathlon.co.uk

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    I'm thinking about this, possibly the Olympic distance. £62 incluyding the booking fee is pricey though.

What's the deal with the two days? Which races are on which days, or is the first day just for registration, putting bike in transition etc?
  • Jules

itinerary for the weekend yet to be announced but we think the Super Sprint and Sprint and Team triathlon will be on the Saturday, registration between 9:00am and 10:00am first race starting at 12:00am. The Olympic will be on the Sunday starting at 7:00am registration on the Saturday.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Nice looking event.

Closed cycled road the park - no need to worry about nasty cars and vans. Excellent! No big hills either.

Open water swim in the lake - so wet suit required. Not sure if I can cope with that at this stage.

Dead easy to get to - close to the Motorway - from most of the North.

Only problem is that it clashes with Conehead's 220 Forum wave plans. He will be loosing his hair with worry about turn outs. Ooh too late!

I could have a really busy September: Ilkley on 13th, Spoilt for Choice on 20th, Leeds Tri on 27th.

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Sadly for Steve, I am doing Bala the week before instead - it's my tri club "championship" so there will be loads of us at Bala. Two ODs on consecutive weekends might be beyond me this year, even if I could justify two lots of entry fees, two weekends taken up with tri etc, which I can't.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    I'm doing my first ever Tri in liverpool in june,, just the supersprint cause i'm worried about the swim, if i do ok i'm gonna do another SS race then this will be my first sprint event......doubt i'll ever get to olympic but who knows.

thanks for the info
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    I'll be there - my comeback from injury (hopefully!), about an hour from my dads, looks nice!