Home Chat General Chat

Don't do this

2»

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    garyroberts wrote:

Hey juleso,

Your advice (not nagging) is probably one of the reasons i'm still in one piece! Don't stop...i need all the advice i can get, i really really do, and i appreciate it all too.

Here's my training:

Today: Just got back from endurance swim session - nothing too heavy.

Yesterday: Swimming 1-1.5hr mixed, drills and stuff. 5k slow run (taking it easy - shin hurt :o( )

Sunday: Day off so went down the local industrial estate to practised transitions

Saturday: Bike fit in the morning, 23k ride to test new setup. Swimming 1hr.

Can't remember before that! I don't keep a log and don't follow a training guide. I don't generally have days off but i will take an easy day in the pool when i'm tired.

Some might say that the lack of training program is a sure fire way to 'prepare to fail' (and i wouldn't disagree) -

But i don't think i'm over-training, i may, on the other hand, be under-eating!! As i'm getting ever closer to the dreaded tri-suit public appearance!

Stay with me buddy - i need all the help i can get.

Gary

Don't worry about the dreaded tri-suit appearance. I've seen some of the photo's my wife took, now to be frank, I'm quite skinny. I do weigh just under 14st but I'm 6ft 4in so I do look thin.

However with the tri-suit on I just loved looking like a power ranger with sumner gear on with some caramel logs stuck at the side of my hips.... but hey who was looking anyway...lol