Home Chat General Chat

HELP!?!?!?!

Hi Guys

I'm going to be competing in my first triathlon towards the end of the summer. Only problem is i have no equipment. Someone suggested to me that i look at this website http://triathlonlab.com/product/triathlon-starter-kit-102.html. is this a good deal? where would you guys suggest i go? and what size bike would i need? i'm 5 11" and 13 and 1/2 stone (about 190 pounds)

Any advice/help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jamie

Comments

• RhinoRhino Posts: 13
    Can't really comment on whether it's a good deal or not.

Are you based over in the States?

• no, i live in london, i've signed up for an event in 4 and 1/2 months taking place in suffolk, so really need to get moving quickly. Fitness isnt a huge problem, i'm in the gym 3-5 times a week, i'm concerned about the bike mainly (ie what type should i buy, and getting fluid riding it)
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Hey Jamie

Starter packs are great if you need all the kit.

I wish I had bought one when I started buying kit.

Tri looking on www.triuk.co.uk they have a great deal for a TRI pack.
  • RhinoRhino Posts: 13
    I tend to use www.wiggle.co.uk never had any problems and offer a great service.

There are a few more out there, which i'm sure others users on here will tell you about.

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    pretty sure there's a review of starter packs in this months Triathlete Plus. One costs around £750 the other £1400... i think.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    head to sigma sports, theyve got great tri starter packs and it's run by a great bunch of guys, mostly triathletes themselves. very helpful lot. they sorted me out and een let me swap for different bits of kit for the same price. only now am i looking to upgrade my bike and thats 3 years on!
  • is there an online archive so i could see this review?
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144

[image]http://triuk.com/web/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/1fbd9487ebd592c52f3d87a453823dcf.jpg[/image]

View Full-Size Image
    [/align]

HEIGHT : [/align] [/align]

WEIGHT : [/align] [/align]

CHEST : [/align] [/align]

INSIDE LEG : [/align] [/align]

SHOE SIZE : [/align] [/align]

HEAD : [/align] [/align] [/align][/align][/align]Quantity: 0 ) qty_el.value--;return false;" type=button> [/align] [/align][/align]

[color=#0000ff]( Manufacturer )[/color]

[color=#ff0000]£872.95[/color]

£574.99 (including 15 % tax)

You Save: £297.96

[color=#0000ff]Ask a question about this product[/color]

[color=#0000ff]

[hr]

[/color]

[color=#0000ff][image]http://triuk.com/images/stories/Packages/package-01.jpg[/image][/color][/align]

TRI UK does it yet again! Incredible Triathlon Packages at incredible prices! Due to TRI UK being the largest Tri store in the world their buying power is huge. TRI UK is able to pass any savings onto you, the customer. Yet another great reason to shop at TRI UK for all your tri needs. Once again the TRI UK packages are packed full of well known branded products – no own-brand, no-name bikes here! Only reputable brands that form part of TRI UK’s outstanding portfolio of world recognised triathlon goods which are constantly in stock and available from the TRI UK 10,000 square feet retail outlet! Whether you shop on-line or in-store you can be assured of the ultimate in choice, price and service with TRI UK. TRI UK offer you the best of both worlds!

7 ITEMS OF ESSENTIAL KIT -

To get you started.

WETSUIT

Foor Quantum RRP £169.99

TRI SUIT

Mens/Womens IRONMAN Race Suit RRP £69.99

BIKE

Giant Defy 4 RRP £475.00

HELMET

Met Cosmo £29.99

PEDALS

Outland clipless (look compatible) or spdsl RRP £39.99

GOGGLES

Aquasphere Seal XPgoggles RRP £17.99

CYCLE SHOES

Cannondale RS1000 RRP £69.99

Still the No 1 starter package!

TOTAL RRP: £872.94

PACKAGE PRICE: £574.99

A SAVING OF: £297.95

Important Notice!

When ordering a package the following information will be required.

Please type all sizes in BELOW, THANK YOU!.

1. Height (feet or metres)

2. Weight (lbs or kgs)

3. Chest (inches or cm)

4. Inside leg (inches or cm)

5. Shoe size (uk or europe)

6. Head (inches or cm)

Note: TRI UK may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown above without prior notice and items may be substituted in your order to equal priced items pending on stock.

[center]> PLEASE NOTE <[/center]THIS IS A WEBSITE ONLY PRICE!

CAN BE PURCHASED INSTORE FOR ADDITIONAL PRICE OF £60 TO COVER PERSONAL 1-2-1 FITTING

PLEASE RING FOR AN APPOINTMENT 01935 414142

This is thr TRIUK package.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    is there an online archive so i could see this review?

If you want - i can scan and email it to you tomorrow? Just let me know.
  • thank you, that would be brilliant!!! my email address is [email=jamie-davies@live.co.uk]jamie-davies@live.co.uk[/email]