Home Chat General Chat

Ironman 70.3 Florida and Ironman Hawaii qualification

Has anyone qualified for either of these in the past?

What was your times and how many attempts did it take before you qualified?

Would love to be able to one day, though i am miles off at the moment, will see how i do at wimball to see if it is in any way realistic in the future. The bike course sounds awful...

Comments

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I noticed when I was reading the Ironman 70.3 that if you qualify you have to pay the entry fee there and then at the end of the race. But nowhere does it say what the entry fee is. I'm not doing it, my son is and if by some miracle he qualified (not disrespect darling!) he would struggle if it were more than about 50p! Any ideas?
    Thanks Conehead, settles my curiosity even tho my dear son is rolling around on the floor in riotious laughter at even the thought that he might qualify.....

Er...no! He's 19 and is currently around 36 mins on the swim, 3 to 3.5 hours on the bike (having ridden the actual route) and 1.46 on the run. His bike is what lets him down at the moment but he is giving it large, training hills, which thankfully we have a few decent ones around here so hopefully can take a bit off that come 14th June. He has high hopes (and high debts now, following todays purchase of a Scott Plasma 10!) that he can burn a fair bit off the bike, but the very few months he has been training (only 6 months by the time he competes)will tell in the final result I suppose. But there's always next year - older and wiser.... and probably poorer! And we have heard of people that leapfrog the usual ladder where necessity demands.....