Home Chat General Chat

Bike fitting

timtim Posts: 43
hi there

does anyone know of bike shops in the SE (guildford area) that offer fitting services? i am in the market for a new bike but dont really know much about set up and therefore i would love some expert advice, i am failing to find a decent sized bike shop that offers the fitting service, any ideas are very welcome

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• timtim Posts: 43
    Any ideas at all?!!
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    Tim,

I was in Evans in Woking last week. Whilst i wasn't buying a bike - i bought a few other incidentals - the guys there were mega wilko, friendly and seemed to know their stuff.

They even said "this is what we advise, have a think about it and come back anytime!!!" refreshing for sales staff...hope this helps.
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    Hi My girlforend just got fitted in prolouge bikes in Richmond and was happy....

Best bet for us (I am from guidlford) for widest slection of bikes and gear is a trip to croyden though - GB cycles -

http://www.gbcycles.co.uk/

A bit of a drive but the range in stock and offer is unmatched as far as places I have been. - Just a scoot down the A3. They know their stuff and will fitt you correctly.

• danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Not too near Guildford, but if you don't mind a bit of a travel there are 2 I can recommend. CycleFit in Covent Garden is AMAZING! I went there and learned so much about cycling that I'd never even considered before, they do a full bike fitting with a Serotta sizing frame and can do this for TT/road/MTB so you can have your preference. They customized it to what I wanted to do based on my preferences and dislikes. Excellent service and incredibly helpful staff.

In Kingston, SigmaSport does a more ridumentary fitting but it is an excellent place to start. Their staff really know bikes and even if their system isn't as comprehensive, it will get you in the right size if you are debating on which size within one brand but might miss out on more subtle differences in reach and stack height.

• timtim Posts: 43
    Thanks Gents much appreciated, found Condor bikes in the city which also sounds like an option, a trip to London for a shopping spree seems the order of the day. I have been into Evans and Snow and Rock (cycle surgery) but neither have a Jig so i'd be reliant on finding an enthusiast sales person who could help out on the fitting side rather than a dedicated team

cheers

Tim
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I got my new ride at DeVer Cycles in Streatham, SW London. Great LBS owned by a top man called Maurice, who took about 3 hours to go through everything with me, including some pretty high tech looking measurements. Got a great deal on a Scott bike too.