Home Chat General Chat

woooooooooo

Well done! I'm still struggling with breathing and form to enable me to get past 25m. Gulp.

Comments

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    im supposed to be doing DonFInks swim #5 this week.. 2500m straight..

What will i do... If you dont hear from me you know what happened// [&:][&:]

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    I've just completed my 1st 1500m swim am well chuffed woooooooooo.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Teamspirit you is a fish man!

Well done, How did you feel when you finished. Was the elation more powerful than the exhaustion?
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Superb stuff, teamspirit. Well done! [:D]

Can I offer a couple of follow-on pointers?

First, make sure you've learned as much as you can from your 1st 1500. How tired did you feel during and afterwards? Did you keep a constant pace or change it? How do you feel your form was, especially towards the end?

Also, remember now that you know you can do it, so don't be tempted to just pile up the distance every session. Leave your 1500 swims for a treat every month or so, perhaps more frequently as you approach your big race. You'll get a lot more from going back to perfect that technique in smaller sets. Just make sure that you don't rest for too long between sets. Let your muscles recover, not your heart.

Finally, a question from me that might help others get to their goals... how long did it take you to get to this stage and did you have lessons?

Once again, well done on hitting a massive milestone.
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    To be honest i was fine when i finished didn't really feel tired it might sound big headed but i have a really good level of fitness anyway have been racing in just cycling since i was 12. But yeah it was at the same pace the hole time.
  • rmbrmb Posts: 22
    well done i no just how good it feels. just managed 600m this week myself with out stopping its taken i while to get this far.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    What sort of time dude?

Something to go for next session