Home Chat General Chat

iPod on a turbo trainer

With a screen that size Once you get a good head of steam up won't it be a litle hard to focus on?

Comments

• fore_endyfore_endy Posts: 24
    Hello All, wondering if anyone has any idea as to how to mount an iPod touch on my bike to watch my spinervals videos (on a turbo). I have found a few mounts for the bars but they place the iPod in the best place to catch all the 'orrible sweat as it drips off me!!

...there is always the wrap it in clingfilm approach.....[;)]

Many thanks
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I use a silicone skin for my creative zen and put the armband strap around my (clip on) aerobars near the handlebar, holds it fine. Should be able to do something similar with an ipod one, it should be far enough forward you don't drip all over it that way.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    I've used Spinervals for a few years now and find that its the sound you rely on the most, the picture isnt that important.

Which ones did you get out of interest..........

I see what you mean iangriff, it's not too bad though, and it's nice to see others suffering while you are!

Great idea jibby, will look into that....

MG, managed to get hold of the following spinervals: Fitness 1: Team Clydesdale and Comp series: no slackers, aero base builers 1,2 and 3, plus totally time trial. Have only tried clydesdale and totally tt, great fun!!

Thanks
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I use big lumps of blue tack. 1 on each areo bar.
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    Are the Spinervale workouts any good been thinking about it for a while now.
  • jasejase Posts: 47
    Really technical...I use a bit of garden wire and lash my ipod to the handlebar stem.

It does generally get covered in sweat though

I like your approach jase, keep it simple.

I find spending any amount on the turbo quite boring, the spinervals videos really focus your effort and the time flies by. Plus, if you like pushy Americans, coach Troy is your man!