Home Chat General Chat

obsession?? yuh huh!!

Okay has anybody else done this?? Today at work I wrote the following in an email without spotting the obvious mistake despite reading through twice:

"Thanks, no problem, I'll tri my best"

Now I ususally have a decent degree of spelling and grammar, frankly I'm disgusted with myself but also had a quite a chuckle - how on earth could I think that was perfectly okay?! x

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I still don't think you checked it enough - somehow the rest of your email has fallen into my possession: It says:

Have just Red Carbon footprint report. It must have been delayed in the Transition from your desk to mine. I'm looking forward to the seminar, and hope to catch you in the Interval. Sessions in the afternoon look good too. I'll Weight for Gym to arrive before we start in the morning. He's running late - no doubt he will have to Sprint to get there - A rather short 25m Pooling of ideas before the starting gun. I said I'd help with the catering, you asked if I would do my wonderful Turbo dish for the fish course - thanks, no problem, I'll tri my best

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I wanted to check my bank account and instead of typing www.lloyds..... I typed www.triathlon before I noticed what I was doing!

I think Freud would have a bit to say about this and her would be right - triathlon and my (empty) bank account are irrevokably intertwined.......
  • [:D] that's hilarious! I tell you it's not fr from the truth! The boss walked over the other day to see if I had found what he'd asked for and I was busy looking at a list of races in the north east. oh dear. he pretended not to notice because he's quite a cool guy but seriously, the people at work must think I'm off my rocker.

Thanks for the laugh this morn!! x
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I am at work even as I type.....not checked work e mails yet...oooops.
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    I spend so much time on this forum while i'm at work at home or even when i'm out and about using the internet on my phone everybody thinks i've got a problem. Think they might be right thinking about it lol
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I always check the forum before work emails! That must be the correct way round right?

If I am not on here I am training! Obsession is all in the mind. I dont have time for that theres too much Tri trasining to do!!! Or red carbon kit to look at!!!!!
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    Just changed my desktop background on work pc from an adorable picture of wife holding baby to the following. Am i in the 'obsessed' category now...? :)

[image]local://3127/3E264019D779489192F079927DA1A567.jpg[/image]
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    definitely obsessed

here's my screensaver - you're obviously taking it far more seriously than me[:D]

[image]local://3033/F995351F8C95422E86A27D0C78C17924.jpg[/image]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    love the screens guys and gals......but tell us where to get them!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Do what I just did Gary, right click on the picture you want, select set as background and hey presto - its yours!!
    yep, it's that easy!
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    as for me, i have to go on wiggle, sbr, tfn, etc.. at least once a day, otherwsie i get depressed! also i still go through old 220's even back to 2006, to reread when am having a long soak in the bath after a long session!

my mrs has just enetred her first tri, for the last 3 nights in a row, she has dreamt about triathlon and racing!

now she is even saying that she is going to read 220 first when it arrives through the door! now that could cause an arguement!
    lucky to have a wife interested in tri! let alone competing herself! lucky man...lucky man!