Home Chat General Chat

What software do you use?

There's lots of people on here that record everything that they do, and have HRM's, watches and whatever else.

But what software do you use to record it all on?

Personally I use SportTracks with my Garmin 405, but what do you use?

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I use the diary system on outlook. Just to record I dont do any fancy stuff.
  • Im developing one :| watch this space. I need beta testers if anyone interested?
  • I've put together an Excel spreadsheet with drop down lists and weekly totals by type of exercise and duration.. it also sums distance.. got bored one day at work[:)] I also use the Garmin software but it doesn't link with anything..

Coma.. I'd be happy to test any new software you develop.....

• graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    comanighttrain wrote:

Im developing one :| watch this space. I need beta testers if anyone interested?

I'll be intrested - at the moment there not a lot out there!

Thanks!
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    lol, although a software developer myself.. i have 3 charts on my wall at home with my 3 month plan on it. I tick off as I go, at the end of week i can look back easily and see what goals ive met and missed.

However, i have used sports-motion software hooked up to my webcam to get perfect body pos on aero bars..... :-) the thread is on the main page still..

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    I just stick all mine on mapmyrun. I keep a separate record of my race results.
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    comanighttrain wrote:

Im developing one :| watch this space. I need beta testers if anyone interested?

Yep- I'd be interested too!

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    Garmin training centre

EXCEL sheet in preety colours

would be up for testing
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    comanighttrain wrote:

I'd be up for trying something new
  • smernickismernicki Posts: 16
    www.trainingpeaks.com - devloped by Joe Friel. Inbeatable!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Got yourself another tester here if you need coma... Currently using spreadsheet training plan and a few charts and stuff to monitor speed and progress.

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    http://www.triblogs.com/

Free and excellent. Been using it for almost a year now.

It's set as my homepage in my browser.

The empty days mock me into action!
  • nikkasnikkas Posts: 10
    SportTracks and Garmin TC for my 705

I use them slightly differently but SportTracks has some good features and like the add-ons ('tho some cost).

I'd look at beta testing too.

• crap...now i actually have to get the finger out and do it

www.davidbattersby.net Watch that space.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    What language are you doing it it? Given your distaste for anything "dirty", I've had you down as a java programmer. Something cross platform might interest me. I avoid Windows.
  • Jack Hughes wrote:

What language are you doing it it? Given your distaste for anything "dirty", I've had you down as a java programmer. Something cross platform might interest me. I avoid Windows.

This is where it gets hairy. I dont know, im an open source enthusiast but if i want it to actually be useful to the lay triathlete its gonna have to be C# or web based. Java is way too slow.

And if its cross platform itll require different installers.

Im thinking web based.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Interesting. I was really trying to get a really subtle in joke about garbage collectors in, and environments where you never get to dump core. Yawn.

But web based implies SaaS. Then you have to think about data storage, security etc. etc. And it starts to get quite a big under taking.

It's on my list to mess about with some of this stuff http://developer.garmin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=435

But haven't got around to it yet.
  • true, but advertising would help cover costs. Plus its a multisport tool, so the userbase will be huge if the system is usable.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    comanighttrain wrote:

Any update on this?

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Coma, I'll happily test if/when you need it. at the moment I'm using the Garmin Connect online thing (TC is way to Sh*t) for running and bike, then for swimming,m well i write it done in a book that I haven't been able to find for the last 3 weeks...