Home Chat General Chat

Racing song?

Anyone else have a tune in their head when they're racing? Mine's arctic monkeys....."oh he might wear classic reeboks, or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks...." don't know what its called but its only ever in my head while i'm racing!!!

Comments

• tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    Eek- Kanye Wests cover of Daft Punks stronger! gotta love the lyrics!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Beeeeg-gin......beg-gin yoooouuuuuuuuu............................
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I have lots of different songs depending on what's been on the ipod most recently. Although i quite often find myself humming ride of the valkiries, another one that i often get stuck in my head is slipknot but i don't know the words, so it's just that i humm the 'tune'. Oh dear i just realised that i hum metal...
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I raced a 10 mile run on Sunday having just listened to "Heads Will Roll" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Classic quick 1-2-3-4 tempo, perfect for keeping a high cadence. Bit of an ear worm though, couldn't get out out of my head when I wanted to.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I'm going to start using the theme from Knight Rider! Oh yes. An idea put into my head by garyroberts; thanks very much. Nobody can fail to go fast with the theme from Knight Rider in their head.
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    garyroberts wrote:

Beeeeg-gin......beg-gin yoooouuuuuuuuu............................

My wife and sister in law were singing 'Pegggy....Peggy Suuuueee....' for ages, until I corrected them. They were adimant they were right, until I pointed out that Peggy Sue was a Buddy Holly song! And the name of the song was, Begging You!

Bless.

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I seem to always get sheryl crow "a change will do you good" for some reason.

And cheers now i cant get that annoying begging song out of my head!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    On the bike on Sunday I found I had one of the songs off the latest Metallica album going through my head. High tempo and lyrics about hunting people down - helped me overtake a few people [:D]
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    does anyone remember the music from Rocky 4...

Hearts on Fire? I use the Rocky music when I'm on the turbo or out running.

Don't laugh but I like it... I find it gets me quite motivated, just as it did when I was a young un and wanted to be a boxer after watching Rocky films.

I tend to watch Rocky the night before races as well.... gets me well pumped up.

LOL
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Ah yes, Hearts On Fire....I believe that is on my mp3 too, you are not alone.....!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I also like the training montage from Rocky 4 but hearts on fire is the best one.

I like to start my run using the Rocky Theme then progress up to the training songs.

I am sad!!!!

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Yyup. Got the montage too.

And yyup, we are sad. [:D]
  • dcdc Posts: 10
    I have a fair few songs that go on through my head but chances are they are either from the Rocky Story or The Topgun Soundtrack albums. These albums complete a warmup playlist on my Ipod [:)]
  • Fire makes steel - survivor
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    'I Need a Hero' by Bonnie Tyler.

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Run to the hills - Iron Maiden?
  • lovin it!
  • clarkey - i love running in training to sheryl crows "I'm gonna soak up the sun..while it's still free.. dah dah" I dont know what its called but shes good for running to

my fave ever to run to is the Blaydon races - its actually my fave ever song!! and its got the right tempo for running. and its about the horse race from which the iconic road race up here now takes its name... perfect x
  • iangriffiangriff Posts: 48
    ......And I want..and I need..and I Love Animal....by Def Leppard..

Turn it up to the max!!!!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The Fear & Pounding ... ....Doves
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    classic songs britspin, them two songs used to be the last thing i listened to going into the ground before football.

Really get you going! Oh and lets get dirty by redman
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    Britspin, Where do you teach spinning? Your taste is far more consistent with my taste with the stuff I have to listen to at Fitness First Kilburn.
  • achilees last stand zepplin.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    I'm with you jules! or for whom the bell tolls (metallica)/ killing in the name of (RAGM). Metal rules for racing!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    No music while racing - but on the way to the race:

Motorhead - Overkill

Judas Priest - Exciter

Dio - Stand up and shout

Rainbow - Live version of Kill the King

Iron Maiden - Transylvania

Either that or Radio 3 [:)]