Home Chat General Chat

apart from soreen....

A nice thick custard slice from Greggs.

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    You mean theres other foodstuffs out there? does porridge count or is that on the 'apart from' list?
  • apart from soreen what is the one food you just couldn't live without (if you're training i mean so i dont just mean like general goodies). what gets you salivating on the last one mile of that race???

i for one could not get by without milk (skimmed). and maple syrup.... on anything!!! x
  • im gonna put porridge on the apart from list but only because it's a given x
    I have nothing to say.....

Apart from organic, free range chicken, corn fed & roasted to perfection with sooooooo many veg, but featuring asparagus from Wye Valley or Evesham, maris piper potatos,green beans etc. Or todays lunch..pan fried salmon steak with asparagus (again) spinach, green beans, purple sprouting & maris piper...followed by Lady Britspins rhubarb pie or crumble with vanilla custard, home grown rhubarb....mmmmmmmm I could go on.

• definately peanut butter.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    polo's
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    A pint ;)

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Due to a food intolerance I don't have Soreen so for me it shortbread, especially the Waitrose shortbread rounds with stem ginger bits, along with a nice cup of Earl Grey.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Due to a food intolerance I don't have Soreen

This has been my deepest darkest secret too

SOREEN DOES NOT LIKE ME!!!!

There I've said it and I feel so much better for it....

Thought I would never be able to confess to that as people would think I am not a real triathlete.........

Breathe deeply...sigh....
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Fortunately, the only thing that disagrees with me is too much alcohol.

I just go for variety! No single thing that I could without... but, for a simple indulgence, which combines things that I have to limit myself to because they are generally the wrong sort of food.

A good Stilton, some very good bread, and some excellent (i.e. real) beer (old peculiar, Thornbridge Jaipur)

Mmmmmmmm...

Recently, I have become partial to soft Australian liquorice

I can also eat much more than a spoon full of malt extract - the secret ingredient of soreen. And beer.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Anything so long as it's not my caffe latte protein shake. Someone gave it to me and now i know why. Possibly the sickest protein shake on the planet.

Its been a while since i've had to hold my nose to down anything!!
  • CPT333CPT333 Posts: 56
    Jesster if that is the dymatize Elite Whey then your mad,I thought it was lush! Albeit a little odd but none the less utterly delectible!
    Can we have a minutes silence for those unable to eat Soreen..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    minute finished.....may the sun shine on their non-soreen eating selves! i must admit a pint of the black stuff and a big juicy steak keep me going through the race oh and the need to pee - if i run my 10k quicker i can get to the toilet and not have to do a paula radcliffe!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    @CPT333....it aint that stuff, it's maximuscle. BBblllleerrrghhhhhh![:'(]
  • gary - polos is a weird one! but i like it. am a bit addicted to chewing gum at the moment...

oh and for people unable to eat soreen i feel heartily sorry - its brill for energy and filling too!! x
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Savoury: Vegemite, sweet: a good sticky flapjack.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    This is a great question: i think that i couldn't live without smoked fish, salmon, mackerel etc. having that makes a boring salad much better, and they generally can remove the need for a dressing/quarter the amount needed.

I also couldn't live without biscuits, i LOVE biscuits, of all varieties, chocolate, bourbons, custard cremes, choc chip cookies, you name it I love it... with a nice cup of tea.
  • lauraflauraf Posts: 31
    Slice of toast (wholegrain) topped with peanut butter & sliced banana - yummy
  • funnily enough am feeling the toast. I haven't been eating much of it lately but this last week it seems to have been my main food!!1 And I'm quickly learning to love it again! Yummy with jam and a big mug of tea!!

p.s. am worried that given I live in a bungalow and am in bed by half eight most nights, and on top of that, love toast and tea... am I turning into a pensioner a good few decades too early?!? I swear after the season is over I'm going to try and regain the street cred a 25yr old should have. I'm thinking shots and greasy pizzas until at least three in the morning... x
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    am I turning into a pensioner a good few decades too early?!?

Are your "recovery tights" made by 2XU or Damart?

• haha!! I haven't heard of Damart but nor have I actually got recovery tights yet! They're on the list of stuff I think I should slowly try to accumulate though. I have running tights but they're adidas... I've seen grannies in adidas. . . but only in the less savoury areas of the north east. My own nana prefers marks and sparks.. x