Home Chat Race Chat

anyone entered these?

Now you are all well into your season, what events have you all planned for the second half?

I have just entered:

Totton Tri ( Beacon Leisure) 30th July

Southampton tri (Concept Sport) 27th august

West Wight tri 17th Sept.

anyone else up for these?

David

Comments

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    Dotri,

I've now done my first two races and i'm now pretty gutted I've not got another lined up. Work and holiday commitments unfortunately.

Isle of Wight looks good so i'll look into that. Apart from that I might try the Bedford Sprint on 1st October.

Wella
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    As it seems I'm finally over my injury, I'm planning on just 2 more races this year.

Concorde Sprint Tri - Aug

Team Outrageous Escape to Alcatraz Qualifier - Sept
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    DOtri, I did the Beacon Leisure Lymington Sprint at the weekend & it was great, apart from the 20mph headwind. I've done a few of their events & they are always really friendly. I'm training for the New Forest Marathon in Sept now so am going to be concentrating on the running a bit more so have no tri's planned until Oct, otherwise I'd probably do the Totton & Soton. The Beacon Leisure middle distance is in Sept, you doing that? I'll be marshalling as it's the week after the NFM.

The Totton bike course should be nice through the Forest.
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Rob - i'm not doing the NF middle distance, still concentrating on the pool based swims. Next year i aim to go for full oly then we will see.

Hope you do well in the NF marathon, supposed to be fairly challenging and not too many supporters around.

David
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    WElla - How does a holiday get in the way of racing? sounds like bad planning to me[;)] This year the only "holiday" we are having is to the IOW for Friday and Saturday night - the race is on the Sunday and it's a 9am start!

[:)]

David
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    I have one of those stupid jobs where we are busy for 6 months and then quiet for another 3.

Unfortunatley the project I'm working on at the moment is submitted on the 7th August. The week leading up to this normally involves all nighters hence the reason I'm not doing London.

As I hardly see the family at the moment a holiday in France is booked in for August.

Having enjoyed every minute of my first two races I'm definately on th elook out for one or two more before the end of the season so I may see you there.

Wella
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    Wella,

If you're around for it, have a look at the Concorde Sprint Tri. Like St Albans it a 400m pool swim, good undulating bike (with 1 quallty hill) & a semi off road 5k.

It's the only pool based Tri I do and is a really well organised & friendly event (good t-shirt too). Thames Valley Triathletes run it & do a great job. Plus it only an hour from or so away from us.

Check it out, see what you think.