Home Chat General Chat

Swimming during events

When competing during the swim leg do u have officals count how many lentghs u have done.

Comments

• LimeycatLimeycat Posts: 29
    Having only done one aquathlon I'm no expert on this ([8|]), but officials did count and poked a sign in the water when there were two lengths to go. I was really grateful for this as my lap counting is notoriously bad on longer distances!

Funnily enough at a swimming gala last weekend, I was in a lane next to a guy who did swim an extra 2 lengths on a 400 free (you count yourself at galas). As he was a bit ahead of me I nearly followed him back down the pool, but fortunately I spotted the clock and knew that I must've done enough!
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    I hope that is the case even tho my counting/concentraction is getting better i just no that when i do my 1st event i'll loose count lol.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I think this is one where different events will do different things. The one's I've done you had to count yourself.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    All the pool based races I have done are as above...they lane marshall counts & indicates when there is 2 laps to go.
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Pool events have always had lane counters on the swim but the 2 pool events I've been to this year it was count your own.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Lucky if you get a counter, only had one event like that rest of time count your own ... and yes I have done an extra two lenghts ... twice! The first was my first event and I swam a bit faster than I had been achieving (faster being relative) and the second some guy built like a propr forward broke out into breast stroke as I was passing, kicked me in the face and stunned me. Lost count and did the 'lap of honour'