Home Chat General Chat
Options

Attention 1st timers!

Thank you so much, I have my first triathlon on 4th May! All the hype about times and splits makes it hard not so set tough goals ....

Comments

• Options
    MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    That's my aim, I started this malarkey in Feb and love the training. Swimming has been really tough but I'm also surprised how challenging a road bike can be. I'm racing Henley in June and can't wait!
  • Options
    anitaanita Posts: 27
    hey thanks for that. I am very new to the world of tri. My first one is May 17th and am looking forward to it. My problem is that I get far to competitive ...... the next big competition is to get to the next edition of 220 when it comes through the door before my partner does lol.
  • Options
    trevtritrevtri Posts: 39
    in addition to this first sprint tri today at wombourne was quicker than expected but there is still loads of room for improvement weather was brilliant, and all the support and encouragement from every one invlolved was fantastic from marshals through to other competitors willing to give help and information so enjoyed far more than i thought i would and the sense of achievment is right up there with anything ive done in the past. so any one with there up and coming first one you will enjoy it. And the feeling is a little to addictive good luck to everyone

Trev
  • Options
    garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    First tri today too. Wow. Just awesome. I couldn't wait to get in the pool and get cracking! Funny thing was the feeling (whilst i was in the pool) that i still had two other things to do! I know it sounds funny saying it but that's how it was. I loved it, it wasn't easy at times, but if it was, it wouldn't be the sport i love.

• Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Words of Wisdom Mr Conehead ;) ... I shall remember them next Monday ... or rather I shall Tri to. (Not so sure about enjoying the smells though ;) )

• Options
    BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Anyone doing Lichfield on Sun?

My first.....of the year.