Home Chat General Chat

Tyres!

A scrupulous inspection of my trusty metal steed after todays long ride has unearthed a problem. The side wall of my front tyre has a small scuff and slight bulge approx half an inch long. Does this need immediate attention? if so, what?

And while we're at it, could anyone tell me the approximate life of a new tyre based upon 3-5 hours use a week? (no wheel spins, mind) Cheers in advance, guys. [:)]

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Sounds like the sidewall has ruptured on your tyre, I've had this once, dont ignore it, eventualy it WILL go pop and leave you pretty much stranded.

Unfortunately theres no fix to this, replace.............
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    You can't really put a life span on a set of tyres,just check for nics and cuts at the end of each ride,my sidewall went with a puncture first time out,goodness knows what it hit but it was a definite replacement tyre.Front tyre may wear slightly faster than the rear due to the weight factor and the power coming from the rear wheel.

You can tell that you get tri obsessive when you spend more bike tyres than car tyres.

Which flight line...St.Mawgan..(London West).
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Yyup, there's heaps of power coming from my back wheel (and i'm saying nothing about the weight on the front!)

Looks like a trip to the LBS, cheers lads.

PS Aye, St Mawgan, where else? And a grand view of Watergate Bay to boot. Now about that pesky headwind...