Home Chat General Chat

My first triathlon

124»

Comments

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    brilliant time Gary!! excellent post too....
  • nikkasnikkas Posts: 10
    Nice one Gary!

Excellent results.

Didn't see you there but was a great day.

(I must get the hang of that running lark)

Must agree although Stu does a fantastic timing job the summing doesn't quite add up!

When I checked the spreadsheet, a lot of odd differences (not just time adjusted for traffic lights)

And although won't help me much, you'd power up the charts!

Will obviously be seeing your name in Hawaii soon?

[;)]

Keep it up

Nik

• trevtritrevtri Posts: 39
    def been bitten by the bug i know i can crash my time on the run (by actualy doing some proper run training this time and not taking a flyer ) bike im ok with and swim i know i can do better by pushing a bit harder so for the meantime concentrating on improving run time as feel can most benefit on that at the moment once thats better then il look at improviing swim (do swim with a club and trainer once a week) and then the bike. but i can see my wallet getting a whole lot lighter lol just got to choose my next tri for a few weeks time

Trev
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Just wanted to thank everyone for there support and kind comments. I'm finding this forum a real help (and rather addictive if you hadn't noticed)!!!

THANK YOU [:D]

@ Trevtri

I'm doing the Leicester Flashman Sprint Triathlon in about 3 1/2 weeks time. Link to entry central here:

http://www.entrycentral.com/index.php?festivalID=&raceID=100526

Looks like another good one for us newbie's.

What do-ya think?
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    That profile pic of you swimming looks rather purposeful, Gary. Weren't you a complete swimming newbie a very short while ago? Body rotation to be proud of there... most un-newbie like. [8D]
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    well done all the 1st timers - you are no longer newbies!
  • nikkasnikkas Posts: 10
    nikkas wrote:
    Must agree although Stu does a fantastic timing job the summing doesn't quite add up!

When I checked the spreadsheet, a lot of odd differences (not just time adjusted for traffic lights)

And although won't help me much, you'd power up the charts!

OK I checked and the excellent Stu explained that the adjustments for the traffic lights are variable and reflect the actual delay as best as possible.

Gary was penalised 2 min for his flagrant and disgraceful breaking of the rules (I think he should be disqualified - so I can gain a place heh heh [;)] - ok just kidding!)

On to Stratford week after next!

Nik

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Anyone else at Stratford?
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Just wanted to add my congratulations to Gary on a cracking first Tri. Brilliant time mate!! Well done to everyone else who did their first one too, I'll look forward to hopefully adding my own sometime soon.