Home Chat General Chat

The Story of my first competitive Tri

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Well done, Scotty. Really enjoyed that post, was like i was there with you! x
  • well done scott was amazing times reallly think i can get mine down to 1hr 10 on the next one :p

saw your swim as well as i was watching from the gantry and the slip back into the pool [;)]

v nice 22 peice tri suit though nice shade of green

well done again mate
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Congratulations - Sounds like an epic adventure and quite an achievement. Smashing your goal is awesome. Dominated the Dojo!

Good to see the reflection and where you can improve. Truely obsessed which is to be appluaded. [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

First races are always the best!
  • iangriffiangriff Posts: 48
    Great post Scott, and well done on your time, got your Conehead reward.

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    wow congrats Scott...brilliant post...like the others...i felt i was there with you...excellent time!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Hey Scott

Loved the post, really feel like i know how you felt, you did fantastic by the sounds of things and you've still got more to give! Its great to hear others stories.......nice one. Will i be seeing you on the 17th?
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    well done! and thanks for a good read for a newbie!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Great stuff, Scott,

You have really captured well the 'heat of battle' problems that always seem to occur. The old race-day adage of 'start slow, then slow down' is good advice for when the adrenaline is pumping. Your T1 antics could be added to an ancient post of mine here: http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=14753&mpage=1&key=#14815

I know I'm a dullard and I keep repeating myself, but two notable sprint tri newbies (yourself and GaryRoberts) have both now learned the most valuable lesson... that there is no substitute for my standard advice: Get out there and cock it up properly!

Well done (to you, Gary and all the other newbies) and welcome to the fold!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Nice one Scott!

All these "first tri" accounts are making me wish my next race was closer!

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Great post Scott, great to feel the pain and the glory of others!
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Great post Scott, thanks for sharing. Reading these reports really do help us newer newbies!!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    ahh bopomofo....had the right giggles reading your old post....[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Glad to be of service, brizzi. [:D] I'd be laughing too if I hadn't actually done ALL of those things. [:@]
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Hey scott, well done! i kept on reading thinking you'd say "then i forgot the gel in my shoe and squished it" - something i'd do!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Great result Scott :D - great report too, and yes I did read it all ;)

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Great write up & well done..do you have your splits? & what were the distances? Both will help with the 'where can I win back time' analysis.
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Great write-up Scott and good inspiration for us newbies that still have their first tri coming up! I like the detailed account and surely had to laugh about the hick-ups .... oh my god, will this happen to me? Yes it will, but I am going to enjoy every bit of it! Congratulations!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Brilliant Scott, and a great time to boot! I actually got butterflies reading that with only 19days till my first.

Oh god...
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Scott - Thats fab mate, I am so glad you did the whole thing. I did think you had started a book when I first read it.

Mate I am so jealous, I have 3 weeks to wait till my story of rack and ruin is posted.

Well done!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Just spotted Indian food the night before - brave man, that could have gone very wrong [:D]
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Great race! Congrats on smashing your goals, and thanks for the excellent report!