Home Chat General Chat

Cateye Strada Computers

Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
A mate has the strada and likes it.

I spent a bit more and got the V2C. IMO it's an excellent piece of kit and easy to set up. But it is quite pricey..

Comments

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Anyone have any experience with the Cateye Strada double wireless (with the cadence function)?

I've been looking out for a good computer with cadence, and know that Cateye stuff is normally good, but just wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular one (good or bad).

Thanks muchly!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    I have a Cateye V2C, there some reasonably good deals around for those at the mo (£80). So far I'm very happy with it, easy to set up, easy to read screen on the move and has every conceavable function you'll need.
    Hmm - the V2c seems to be about £20 quid more, but I'm not sure if it really gives you a lot more over the double wireless. There's a better display and a lap timer which look good, but doesn't have click-on-screen feature. What are the buttons like on the V2c?

http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/461

http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/552
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    The buttons are quite small but you soon get used to them.

The pick up is great...broadband for your bike!
    ...so i take it the data is updated really quickly then on screen. You've got me thinking I might be as well with the V2c then - although I'm a total sucker for anything that has a few more bells and/or whistles anyway. If it costs more it must be better, right? [:D]

• jacjac Posts: 452
    It updates the data as it goes, so great for keeping an eye on your average speed. On my screen I usually have speed, cadence, time and avg speed or distance..not sure if you get all that on the screen with the strada.
    Dont think it does - you only have 2 main functions on screen at once, plus, it doesn't seem to have the same transmitter as the V2c. Think I'll go for that then.

Thanks for the advice!
  • bunongbunong Posts: 49
    I bought a wired Cateye with cadence a month or so ago - after read some reviews I decided a fixed link would be safer than wireless, you don't lose the signal half way round. I also train with my basic HRM watch, I think we get carried away with techieness - is that a real word???? Anyway I my simple mind all you need is cadence, HR and start pedalling. Keep the two in your training zones and your a winner. After the ride you can check out the distance, and time. Average speed and any other detail is just a waste of time while your cycling as it all depends on the route/hills/wind etc etc.

Getting a Cateye or any other bike computer is great though. I now control my bike effort and since using it have reduced my bike time from 2:15 to 1:46 for 40M and I know there is room for improvement. I also get off and feel like I could run, at least for a short distance.

You don't need flash bits of kit to be average - do I get struck off for saying that[&:][&:]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    You don't need flash bits of kit to be average -

No, but it helps.