Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    Bike 33k - 1hr

Swim 1500m - 34.26 (4mins off my pb)
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Local tri clubs' TT. Long hilly one this week 37 -38kM? I did it in 56mins, which I think was the fastest. Happy with this result
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    None :o(
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    2500m ish Lake swim -

Started of with a few hundred warm up - then into my first 600m (ever) without stopping - 12.30mins - then had a break for about 5 mins and did 750m without stopping (first ever) - 14.30 - was quite pleased - did a broken 400 warm down then a 400 sprint 7.25 mins - then a few hundred cool down.

Really pleased I managed the 750 as I am going to nee dthat on Monday ;)

Edit - tried out my £15 tesco HRM in the water - works wonderfully :D HRM all the way and fully waterproof - must admit for £15 this is the best thing since ... well sliced bread ;) Loads of functions too.

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    My first foray into this thread. OK... Today was Super Tuesday!!!

I did ...

500m lake swim (lake 32, bloody cold at first)

52-ish K bike

2.5K brick run.

All one after the other though "transitions" weren't speedy!

Then tonight, 1020m drills in the pool.

didds

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Monday - 2k swim

Tues - 1hr interval bike session on Turbo

Wed - 1hr interval bike session round Regents Park + 1hr interval run session tonight
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Good 35k hilly bike yesterday followed by brick run.

1.2k swim today - 2x400m, then 100s and 50s.
    Non :( had my VAT return to do ... I was late doing it anyway.

Brick tomorrow though :D

• gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    Swam 1000 on Monday and it was hellishly hard.

Ran 13k on Tuesday and not so bad.

Yesterday swam 3000m in 500m chunks and felt fine.

Training's weird.
    Ran out of free time tonight - work comittments and jobs to do at home so only managed a 3.5 mile run.

ran a little, made a lovely blister. stopped.
    2.5 mile intervals on the bike - toughest yet, but average speed up so pleased.
  • gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    3 mile run and 2500m swim with Tri club last night... it felt good.

3k swim on Wednesday night, also felt very good.

• jasejase Posts: 47
    Swimming this morning - mostly drills to stop my legs going all over the place

Cycled to work yesturday 12miles and need to go for another ride today

Running Sunday

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    I've had a nice 10 mile bike ride - on the heavy hybrid kept on the big ring plus a swimming coaching session, only about 500m of drills.

Thursday was 17mile bike commute, and a 2.5 mile tempo run at lunch time (7:20 mile pace)...i am trying to use this once a week lunchtime run to increase my speed, anyone got any ideas on the quickest way to do this in a session? At the moment I have only about 30mins to run, so the most efficient way to increase speed is needed.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    half an hour of sprint intervals and running drills.

And now i'm dead. [X(]

10k run - slow though... Ive been neglecting my running.
    40 mile bike this morning - great weather and great ride out with the Tri club

today was great, I did 45 mins swimming, mainly concentrating on technique, catch ups etc. then i had a 45 min (or so) bike ride, mostly up hills, I am the new king of shooters hill having climbed it all the way up. This was my first attempt at riding hills, and i am very proud of that. I then ran out of gears on the way back down, and scared myself a little as there was a cross wind rocking me about. Thankfully there weren't any cars nearby (they couldn't keep up)... I'm going to go for a gentle run later - 6/8miles or so, on a flat, very, very flat course.
  • GGGG Posts: 82
    A casual spin yestrday, 40 miles of wind and hills, lovely! Ave 17s

Today, lots of laying around and cake eating followed by a 5 mile run on a new route ive been thinking about running easy 8 min miles.

Mile reps and swimming tomorrow....

today was a nice 20k bike followed by 5k run brick. I managed to get the run to average 7:40mile pace, which is not far off my normal 5k race pace so i am very happy with that.

now it is time to have dinner and a nice early night
    Rest day today.

Did my first tri yesterday - and finished fourth, so very pleased with that.

Swim planned for tomorrow.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    jac wrote:

Rest day today.

Did my first tri yesterday - and finished fourth, so very pleased with that.

Swim planned for tomorrow.

Cool! Very well done. Surely it's worth a decent write up!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I agree we want a full race report from Jac! 4th in your first race is amazing!

Did a 4 k run today the furthest ive been since the injury, felt a little discomfort and my calf aches but didnt feel too bad.
    45 min super solid int session on turbo.

Tue - Going to Regents park in the morning to do a 20km TT

Wed - Regents park for int session with Tri Club.....
    Ok, well here goes with the race report..

I've got my first sprint coming up a bit later in the year so wanted to get a shorter distance under my belt for a bit of confidence/practice etc..

Signed up for supersprint distance, which was 250m swim (well 12 x 22m lengths 264m), 17k bike and 3.4 run. (Odd distances I know!)

Was pretty nervous before the swim but a guy who was going after me who'd done a few just said 'Don't go off too fast'..and so I stuck to that.

Took the swim very steady and did it the 4m50 mark..T1 went very smoothly and so on to the bike.

Had to sit at an opening junction for about 30 secs to start with which was really frustrating, but then got going. Managed to keep a decent avg speed up on the way out but coming back was into a fierce headwind and was really hard work. Got back in just over 32 mins, so considering the wind was pleased.

Run was really hard..had a bad stitch for the first lap, but managed to up the speed a bit on the second for a time of 14.40ish.

Got the results yesterday so was very pleased to have finished fourth.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Started scientific experiment today with comparrison of standard road bike against aero bike.

20 miles on road bike followed by same 20 on tt bike.I will alternate the bikes next time poss thursday if weather ok.Should eventually conclude how much per second it costs,and whether its worth the cost in both £'s and WAT.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Boys are geeks. [8|]
    oi !
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    Jesster wrote:

Boys are geeks. [8|]

brilliant -was thinking the same thing!