Home Chat General Chat

Upton Tri

Mrs Fatstu is looking at entering her first sprint distance event and spotted this event. I think she liked the idea of a downstream swim...

Has anyone done this event before, is it a newbie friendly course and setup?

Conehead - before you mention your truly wonderful newbie waves in other events, we don't live in the UK so we are governed by the dates of other people's weddings otherwise she'd have signed up for those

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    fatstu wrote:
    we don't live in the UK
    Conehead - before you mention your truly wonderful newbie waves in other events, we don't live in the UK

now that's a thought newbie training not in the UK wonder if you'll talk him into it[:D]
  • trevtritrevtri Posts: 39
    im in a tri club and only completed one sprint but from the other members this is a very good tri and one im signing up for you are garunteed a PB on the swim due to the river but you will need a wetsuit good luck

trev
  • fatstufatstu Posts: 46
    Marvellous, thanks Trev. If it comes off, I'll be acting as her support crew and not racing myself. I'll be easy to spot, just look for the bloke leering at all the carbon...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Some of our club did this last year & had a good time..good enough to try to get us all to sign up for this year, a smallish, friendly event, so I hear.
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    My mate did this last year as hisv first tri. He's a 35+ minute 1500m swimmer and did the swim in 22 mins (or 24 - something ridiculously fast) last year. It's all downstream and last year it had been lashing for a week beforehand!

I've entered Upton this year (OD) cos I'm fed up feeling like a hamster on a treadmill at Windsor. My other race this year is Milton Keynes.

I'll take on Windsor next season and step up to 70.3 later in the summer.

By all accounts Upton is a very nice race.
  • fatstufatstu Posts: 46
    Saving a third of your swim time? That's a worry, she might beat my newbie time...

Sounds like a great event though, so I think we'll definitely be there