Home Chat General Chat

brick sessions

erm.....whats a brick session???

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    andyb99 wrote:

erm.....whats a brick session???

It's when you walk back from the pub and then have to leg it when the local idiots start throwing bricks at you??

As you are doing stretching I would suggest it may either be tension,so try visualising a more relaxed change from the bike to the run,or your bars may be slightly at the wrong angle.or you could just be getting tired and gripping the bars too tight.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    after eating too much porridge you should be having a brick session
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Before this becomes less derailed and more like a train wreck.for Andy a ''brick'' session is just a back to back training session,usually bike then run with little or no rest.If you have a generous swimming pool they may let you use your turbo trainer on the pool side(complete with abuse from local idiots) so you could do a swim/bike brick session etc.
  • mangelmangel Posts: 20
    been focusing on my brick sessions over the last few weeks and i'm finding that the upper body (shoulders, neck etc) feels really heavy and stiff when starting the run and generally lasts for the first mile or so.

i'm finding this much more of an issue than the normal jelly legs which tends to wear off after the first couple of minutes on the run.

any advice on how to ease the feeling in the upper body ? i've tried spending longer on stretching prior to the bike and even stretching the arms towards the end of the bike but having no joy !!

any advice appreciated, thanks.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Did I hear someone say "whats a brick session?"

Its a highly technical set of intials. I recommend you write them down and work it out

BLack

Red

I

C

K

With all joking apart a BRICK is a double disipline training session. It most often used to describe a ride and run session!
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    thanks guys, i done one of them at the weekend and didnt even know it...

should i ask why its called brick??
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    It's because even the thought of doing one makes you brick yourself.....
  • bunongbunong Posts: 49
    Back to the question. I had tight shoulders and backs of the upper arm in the past - there's probably a word for that muscle but I'm not a doctor?? Anyway I have solved it to a large degree by moving my seat forward about 10mm to increase my elbow angle so reducing the stretch when using the aerobars. Still a bit of fine tuning to do but much better.

I also try not to grip the bars just rest my hands on them to relieve the tension - I've found it the best way to relieve tension as the wife's deaf except on sundays[;)]
  • mangelmangel Posts: 20
    thanks for the tips.

did not think that the bike (seat position etc) would be a factor seeing as I had a proper measure/"fit up" when i brought the bike !!??!!

first step i guess would be to loosen the grip on the bars and continue with the stretching. if no joy will then look at positioning etc which could open up a whole world of problems (aero position etc)

cheers