Home Chat General Chat

Long Distance Rookie Training

That's the weekend I planned to have my last 'Big Day' session. Sure I can chop that for a bit of Conehead wisdom.

Is it not taking place on your Tri-Volcano Island? I want to travel there blindfolded with white noise filling my ear.

Comments

• I'm in.. for a middle distance training day..

You haven't got problems with your Turkey Hams again have you Conehead.. you know how upset Bernard Matthews gets about them...
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Conehead aren't you doing the London to Brighton (madness) on that Sunday? Or have I cocked up my diary....
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    I would just like to point out that I'm not stalking you, hence knowing your diary. I'm doing Ian's ride too and by the looks of it spending Saturday in your company too! I need all the tips I can get...
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I'm not doing anything long this year, but is this going to be a regular thing? I'd defo be up for something through the winter and next year.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Thanks, pal. You wait until I've booked my first ever 70.3 at almost zero notice then the very next day you announce a novice training day for after I've done it.

If I get around Weymouth in one piece I'm going to tell everybody to cancel your training day, because you are clearly not required.

Hmmph!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Guest Speaker? Sounds good. Do I have to bring any PowerPoint stuff.... I am a power point god! And Reading isn't that far away from me....

Would I still qualify as a rookie even I've if just about managed to drag my sorry backside halfway around a 70.3 already (well, hopefully by then)? I'd love to do a training day but they are either newbie ones or far too serious.

• BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    I'm seriously considering a 70.3 next year - health permitting - but can't find £99 this summer. Wish I could come along, these training days sound awesome and fantastic value.

Do you think you might run them again next year?

blurredgirl

• ahhhh i really really want to do this but i have a tri the same day :p oh well maybe next year...
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    Conehead - I'd be interested in going and doing the middle training but have a couple of questions for you.

How novice is it, as I’m going to be pretty rubbish. I've entered into my first middle distance on the 28th June (not really sure why as I’ve only ever done sprint races before, but it seemed like a good idea at the time..) so I have no expectations of a even half decent time, I just want to be able to finish - in one piece. Also will it be aimed at long distance or will middle distance be catered for, and would I be the only female daft enough to attend??

• BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    Cone - you've tempted me with both......

I'll check my race calendar for the summer and then sign up.

Chase Race......this is sssooooo tempting.

The mojo is back. You guys are just brilliant.

burredgirl

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Chase race middle 2010 eh? Could this be the inaugural '220 forum buddies' wave?

I'm in. Would be great to line up alongside Team Laws! And Conehead of course. Where's this new book by the way?
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    that's great thanks - look forward to see the details!
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    The transition stuff would definitely be of interest. All this talk of multi-bags is confusing the hell out of me! Why can't I just lay it on my Budweiser towel by my bike...... hee hee[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]