Home Chat General Chat

£373.14 to spend on new kit

Thats alot of kit for £ 370.

What helmet are you looking at, and what size feet do you have ?

I might be able to help !!

Comments

• ollybollyb Posts: 11
    I called my car finance company this morning to check when they were going to take the 373.14 that I owed them from a failed DD a few months ago. Turns out they had already taken it way back in March, so I'm 373.14 richer than I thought I was... Time to get upgraded for coming triathlons!

I'm looking for suggestions on how to spend that money, no more, no less ;)

Here's what I'm running with at the moment:

Tri and Run Racing Bike (Sora mechs and levers, random crummy brakes and pro lite everything else)

Profile T2+ Clip on Bars

Shimano SPD-SL 105 Pedals

Garmin 705

Powertap/mavic rear wheel

Shimano road shoes

£30 Specialized helmet

Aerospoke front wheel for when I feel pimp

Initial thoughts were to get some Tri shoes and an aero helemt. I had wanted a new saddle, but I've got used to the supplied one now, so I'm happy with it. How about aero cover for the rear wheel?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be very welcome :)
    Was thinking of a Bell Meteor (pick up older versions for ~70 quid) or a Giro. As far as I can tell, they're all much of a muchness. As for shoes, I'm a EU44 (UK 10). Been looking at the Shimano TR51's which look very nice, but not sure if they're that much better than the TR31's, which are 60 quid cheaper.

The long list above, was stuff I already have, just to clarify!

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Well the shoes i cant help with i'm size eight.

But i have a giro helmet pm me mate if yourr interested with your email addy and if we agree a price its yours.

Nothing wrong with it, just have one for the road and one for mountain bike, selling the mountain bike to buy a carbon tri bike so its surplus to requirements
  • AndreAndre Posts: 103
    With regard to the Shimano's, I personally think the TR51's don't offer enough over the 31's to warrant the extra cost; I've had my 31's for a while now and I think they're brilliant. I'd sooner spend even more and go straight for the custom moulded 70's.

By the way, if you can, try these before you buy them - Shimano shoes often come up a little tight.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Jelly legs wrote:

Well the shoes i cant help with i'm size eight.

Hey Jelly legs. You still got those shoes? I need some tri shoes to replace my normal 3 velcro bike shoes. PM me if you can help. Cheers!
    @Jelly - I'm after an aero Giro helmet (if i go for one) - is yours an aero one?

@Andre - I've got some shimano shoes already, luckily found a size which fits me well. I suspected that was the case with the 51s not being that much better than the 31s, but they just look so nice! [:(]

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    The helmet is a giro monza ( blue and white) i bought it last year about august time i suppose.

Never fallen off ( bet i go do it now tho).

Its no biggy just in my box of stuff yours if you want it( for the right price obviously, if your interested just make me an offer)