Home Chat General Chat

Ice Cream

We have recently seen professionals eating ice cream, and lots of it, the day before racing in the lanzarote ironman. My girlfriend and I have always been under the impression that ice cream as not the right kind of carbs to be loading with on the eve of such an event. Has opinion changed on this?

Comments

• guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    don't know anything on the correct carb front but I tell you it tastes good and has lots of calcium and fat. I can't resist ice cream...
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    If it looks good and tastes good it must be good right? and if elite ironmen(woman) are eating it then so am I...roll on the ice cream revelotion and all that

---foot note---

apparently when you mix the wrong carbs(high GI) with other types of food (fat or protien) it tricks the body into treating it like a lower GI food..

for those that don't know what the hell GI is and don't have triathlete's training bible try here for more on GI http://www.glycemicindex.com/

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    had ice cream as part of my post race recovery after ironbridge - seems to have worked okay... ;)