Home Chat General Chat

nokia sports tracker

hi just tried out the nokiasports tracker, seems like a good bit of kit anyone else used it?

Comments

• jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    Hi Honcho, Yeah I've used one before but not for running or biking.

Only used it for when I go Snowboarding to measure total distance covered, top speed, altitude etc.

Suppose it would be pretty good for cycling but a bit to bulky for running carrying the GPS tracker and a bulky Mobile phone. Also does not measure heart rate or calories burnt, the reason I use my trusty garmin for running and cycling.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I've got an N95 8GB which has GPS. Haven't seen the SportTracker though - might have a look tonight. Is it something you install on the phone or your PC?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I have the samsung i850 which is the same as the nokia N95, same operating system and has GPS

I wondered the same question.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I use it on long runs sometimes.

I like that it allows music to still play through the phone, and then draws a wee map showing were each track started.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I used it today. Couldn't use the GPS cause it was in my seatbag. Then I set if timing my 10k laps, but it mysteriously paused itself. Might as well been using the stopwatch. Can't use it for the run either 'cause I've got an N95 (bulky and heavy).

Pretty limited for my use really. Gonna buy a Suunto.