Home Chat General Chat

breathing and drinking

Hi there ppl, i have started to run again and have talked my partner into coming with me, but she will not drink at all, and i cant seem to get her to breath in a good rythem, anybody got any ideas that i could try, was thinking that i could insult her and run like hell just infront of her lol [:D]

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Oh boy am i glad i'm not your partner!

Why are you forcing her to breathe in a particular way and trying to make her gulp back a drink anyway?!

How about just letting her do it her way? and maybe, just maybe getting a little bit of enjoyment out of it?! [8|]
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    clearly the answer is for both of you to sign up for conehead's training day(s).

:-) <------- of its not clear I was trying to help here and be light hearted :-)

didds

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    i'm sure you are actually just trying to help, we're all full of advice when we want to help others.

Unfortunately, i have none!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    garyroberts wrote:

i'm sure you are actually just trying to help, we're all full of advice when we want to help others.

I was trying to help gary, honest ;-)

Including helping out conehead as he tends to hide his light under a bushel about things...

;-)

didds

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Your breathing rate is your breathing rate (first rate coaching there!), however many folk breathe in the top 1/3rd of their chests & grab at their breathing, simply put if you mention breathing deeply, relaxing shoulders & exhaling slowly most folk will get it fairly quickly....but don't be a nag! Possibly it could be the 'partner telling me what to do' thing as well. Lady Britspin takes coaching much better off people who are not me...sometimes I guess I get 'zoned out' (can you imagine?).