Home Chat General Chat

What watch/HRM do you use

md6md6 Posts: 969
I'm trying to find a new HRM/watch to use for my training and also at events. i currently have a garmin 405, which I don't think would be a good thing to use as I don't think it is waterproof and it would catch the sleve of the wetsuit (not to mention that if i am ever inclined to do an ironman/half then the battery would not make it (it's about 8 hours when in GPS mode from a full charge).

So does anyone have one watch/HRM that they use for all 3 parts, and preferably does it have a GPS as i can't be bothered with a footpod thing?

Thanks

Comments

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I have a cheap Timex HRM but it doesn't have a stopwatch - and whilst in tesco the other week spotted a HRM with Stopwatch, Av HRM, Low HRM, High HRM, calory counter, countdown timer, fat burner counter etc etc .... anyway don't know how long it will last but both the strap and watch are waterproof - give good signal of HRM under wetsuit whilst swimming and comes in at a whopping £15 - worth a try ;) .. Only problem I have found so far is that I don't know how to stop the exercise counter then look at the data afterwards - so have to write it down as soon as I stop running cycling, swimming etc. But as I say for £15 its the dogs danglies ;)

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Garmin Forerunner 305, better than the 405 (coz its cheaper and does the same).