Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon Plus advert tat - scratchcard

diddsdidds Posts: 655
what's this i thought as I opened my gleaming new Triathlon Plus magazine today and something fell out.

Oooo! A free scratchcard ... I can win a MILLION quids!!

Wow! Even more amazing... of three scratchcards TWO of them are possible winners... a 2 fruit card and a THREE FRUIT card!! Woo Hoo!

All I have to do is phone an 0900 number for £1.50 a minute (max call time allegedly 6 minutes) or text (6 texts at £1.50 a text plus provider's charge) to claim my prize.

Hmmmm....

Am I alone in having TWO winning tickets out of three amongst the readership of Triathlon Plus I wonder?

Could this be a scam or am I just too cynical for my own good...

????????

didds

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Or alternatively, give me a tenner and I'll send you a prize....

choose from - some dirty old trainers

a half eaten powerbar

an odd sock
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    It will be genuine in the sense that you have won a genuine prize which actually exits. But, you'll have won one of a range of prizes. Most prizes are good but hidden in there will be something that sounds good but when you look into it further actually isn't. I'd look out for "trip to France" for example. This will be something like two foot passenger ferry tickets with loads of restrictions attached.

You will then pay nine quid to call, only to find out you haven't won any of the decent prizes, rather you have won ferry tickets you can't use.

So sounds better than it is really.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Didds

I am willing to up the offer from MG

Senf £8 and I will offer you with postage included:-

1) A brand new and sealed shiny health looking stunning in yellow and red packet of SOREEN!

2) This may be the star prize, 2 packets of SOREEN

3) A postcard of a nice looking beach somewhere in the world

4) A cuddly toy

5) Now struggling to think of something Triathlon! Ah got it! 2 old slightly crumpled copies of 220 Triathlon

6) A hand written and signed recipt for £8.

Contac 0900 A BIG CON and quote I am gulable to recieve a raspberry blown at you down the phone.

Call now! Dont deal one of these fab prizes is waiting for you!!!!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    agree with all the cycnicism posted.

I was actually wondering if EVERYONE's scratchcard had 2 "winners" out of 3. I ain;t gionna call any 0900 numbers don't worry!

One day that Soreen will be worth £8... ;-)

didds

• gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Damn, I didn't realise there were such good prizes to be won - I left mine unscratched on the train !!! LOL !!!