Home Chat General Chat

The Official (drinking) Wall of Shame

123457»

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    not a drop!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    not a drop!

Good man! When I saw you name come up on the summary page, I was worried!!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    two bottles of magners over dinner!!!!!
  • NikNik Posts: 1
    Evening people,

new member to the site and already posting my indulgances on this, what seems to be a very popular wall! I too enjoyed a couple of cold magners tonight, maybe not the best preperation for an early start down at Heron Lake tomorrow!
    Celebrated first tri with a couple of beers and a glass of wine with lunch, then later had another couple of beers! Then even later i had a bacardi and coke [&:]

Back to work now though........have to get the run time down somewhat!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Ah, I now feel so much better for reading all your entries & there I was thinking I was all alone!! However, still trying to reduce wine intake over the weeks, but it's just not working!! Think the odd cigarette will most defintely be frowned upon!![8|]
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    2 bottles of wine.. with dinner with my gf...

was nicely tipsy.. Fist drink since 1st Feb

First proper session at the pub since before giving up drinking for Lent. Excellent!

Called in last week and noticed that a barrel of one of my favourites, Thornbridge Jaipur, was going to come on soon. However, I was off down to London for the week, and the expectation was that it would be on and over by the time I got back (Friday). Since being featured on the TV (Oz Clarke and James May), it's been as rare as hen's teeth outside Derbyshire (actually, it's always been hard to get - we had to make a special pilgrimage to Derbyshire to get some - the always have it at the Monsal Head).

But, as luck would have it, I managed to find out that the barrel only went on on Thursday. And, with a quick check up on Friday lunchtime, found that it was going to be around all yesterday evening.

Four pints of Jaipur (might have lost count a bit). Then a pint of Erdinger Dunkel for good measure. Then a beer at home.

Not hung over. But have gained 4 pounds in weight. Missus commented on the "tummy". It will have to go.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    1 pint of the black stuff ( come on my brother's 40th)
    2 * Stella

2 * White wine

1 * Bacardi

That was last night.
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Argh! It's been about 4 months, and just had a glass of red, attending a 21st tonight so I think a couple of Voddies & Diet coke will be on the agenda - Apologies to all my fellow athletes in advance - I shall punish myself with a long ride tomorrow.
    oh god...I've been totally over indulgent this weekend having spent the entire time in Bournemouth drinking sparkly wine stuff with strawberries in, then those things in tall glasses

that strangely make one feel slightly tipsy... beer, wine and lord knows what else...but I did run along the coast and my alcoholic haze helped me run further than normal!!!
  • big bad weekend - was at the rugby match in Croke Park on Saturday and drank all day and all night ......... lost count of pints and first time drinking since March ............... now Monday evening and still feeling it - was it worth it - oh yes !!!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Well this weekend was the wedding resulting from the stag do! so yet another weekend of extreme excess!!!!!!!!!!

I still feel so rough!!!!!!!!
    Cocktails! Champagne and Diclofenac. Shhmashing! And Guinness.
    hmmmpf...my non-alcoholic week only lasted one day, alas had to (and that is a HAD to) attend the Guinness Rugby Premiership Awards Dinner last night and forced champagne and wine and more champagne and wine down!![:'(]
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Was at a wedding over the weekend in Wales so there was an awful lot of wine, cider, Badgers Bristles (or something!!), cake, sausage rolls and not a lot of sleep. Went for a run yesterday and it was shockingly awful. Got a stitch in 5 mins, sore hamstrings 10 mins in and only managed about 6k in 30 mins!! Not doing that much boozing again in a hurry...