Home Chat General Chat

Lichfield Race Report - forum buddies in the house...

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
What a fine day....a pleasure & a priviledge to meet up with all the guys & their respective (suffering in the 'breeze') partners.

A good race well run I believe, now onwards & upwards. Stratford here we come...who else can I abuse in transition?

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    First post (pre splits and race report)

Just to say what a pleasure it was to meet and greet fellow forum folk. Britspin, the Soreen pic doesn't do you justice mate, you're fit (in a totally heterosexual way)! And a personality to match. Dazza (conehead) the dark demon was providing last minute coaching, Bathtub paid his respects after spotting the now, highly sort after '220 buddies t's' and Scotty was the only triathlete there that registered (and raced) with pink hair.

Great to meet you all.

G
    Team GR Splits

Position Overall 66

Race Number 222

Name GARY ROBERTS

Category M-30-34

Club TEAM GR

Swim Time 00:07:57(85)

T1 00:02:05

Bike Time 00:40:27(48)

T2 00:01:03

Run Time 00:22:25(114)

Overall Time 01:13:59

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Team Britspin...

S . 7.56 (84...just edged...)

T1. 1.58.

B. 40.37. (51...just edged by..)

T2. 0.55.

R. 18.41. (32 ......)

1.09.52. 41st overall.
    :(

got to do something about my running!

[;)]

In time it will come...
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Gits:-

Swim Time 00:08:24(103)

T1 00:01:57

Bike Time 00:41:42(60)

T2 00:01:25

Run Time 00:22:13(108)

Overall Time 01:15:45

I'm winning T1 at the moment.. although at this point I should say conehead coached me on this pre race :)

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Great to meet up with all you guys today although it was brief.

Team Bathtub

Swim 7:29 (60)

T1 1:28

Bike 37:05 (20)

T2 0:52

Run 19:13 (44)

Over all Time 1:06:09 24th

Missed out on my age group win by 10 seconds.

Over all Time  1:06:09  24th

Missed  out on my age group win by 10 seconds.

Amazing result dude........total admiration from me and the WAT officer.

Didn't catch up afterwards but next time we get you in a T-shirt!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Love all the post race analysis! Absolutely great performances one and all. So interesting to see how close some times are, and some so different.

GR needs to work on that run! Scott is definitely getting there. Good work. Looks like just the right short training session for Conehead pre IM70.3. Excellent running from Britspin - hadn't twigged you were quite so elderly[:)]. Bathtub is my hero!

Well done team 220-Forum!

Can't wait to join you - but in the meantime, this makes for a great spectator sport! Fantastic.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Chaps - what are the distances involved ?

• chaseracechaserace Posts: 20
    Found four amazing run splits who will be dq'd by tomorrow. well done all today. great to see the 220 massif in full flight today. hope to see you all at a future chaserace event soon (or training day).

regards

simon

time for another beer.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Nice work boys :D good times too - sounds like a good event

Cheers Simon, as ever a good, well run event, although you really must do something about that wind.....I mean on the course.

So Mr Burrows what were the secrets of transition revealed by Conehead?..or should we be asking Bathtub with those blazing times?
    BTW..Gary Lady B has pictures of you in your fetching mauve (supplied I hasten to add) swim hat..blackmail material if ever I saw some..
    Oh & Mr Hughes....yup I believe I mantioned before that I race in the Old B******s age group!

Could Conehead turn back the time & make me faster?
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Are there any pics of you guys in your t-shirts?

Gary i want a pic of yours so i can get one made up!

P.S. whose doing Eton in a couple of weeks
    BTW..Gary Lady B has pictures of you in your fetching mauve (supplied I hasten to add) swim hat..blackmail material if ever I saw some..

I'll be needing proof of said photographs before any ransom is paid! gary.roberts101@googlemail.com

Gary i want a pic of yours so i can get one made up!

You want a pic of me on your back????? Surely you want a pic of you on your back!!!!!

Photograph of me and scott here:

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=37850

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Conehead wrote:

I managed 46th place overall in 1hr 10m 37s - which I have to be happy with as I've got a half ironman in 3 weeks.

I shouldn't really be dabbling in the short course stuff at this stage - but with the forum posse going it was rude not to. I'd fancy top 10 overall at an event like that if I concentrated on going 'short'. Maybe next year.

Oh well, 50 mile time trial next weekend - another day, another equally odd bunch of people in lycra.....

Well done again everyone - good to see you all.

Darren - Ive done it the other way round to you as I raced the Lisbon Half Ironman last Saturday, 4hours 57 mins and a 3rd spot in Age Group.

See you there next Saturday then as I'm off Number 19 in the Dukinfield 50