Home Chat General Chat

Eton

deeessdeeess Posts: 150
Anyone doing Eton in a couple of weeks? Also which day - Saturday or Sunday?

I'm on Saturday in the 35-36 wave

Comments

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Im doing the sunday same wave
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Yep, me too on Sunday, can't remember the wave, but it's the ladies 40+ group...ahhhh so looking forward to getting in that lake again!
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Saturday - Wave - Under 30.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    not doing this one but just signed up for the end of June oe (40-44) age group so look forward to hearig how it goes
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    Conehead wrote:

Dorney Lake can be a bit of an un-inspiring venue, but closed road means no pensioners in nissan micra's trying to mow you down....

or I hope traffic calming measure with 4x4's assuming that as you're on a bike the give way doesn't apply, speed bumps the size of a small country - sure I loosened several teeth, pot holes you could have hidden dragons in all of which I met in Cardiff yesterday not to mention THAT hill - please tell me its vaguely flattish
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    though had a hell of a head wind when i last did it! or thats my excuse!
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    I'm doing the Sunday-any thoughts on tri bars or drops for the 30km bike anyone?

It can get very windy so the more your tucked in the better!
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    Great thanks-better get some more road time on my tri bars in the next 3 weeks then!!!
  • Scott WScott W Posts: 51
    Saturday, M40-41 (although I would like to point out i am still 39 on the day!!)

First proper tri - looking fwd to it, have exorcised demons in advance having done OW swim (LL last Sun) and a few Brick sessions

looking fwd to being surrounded by like minded folk rather than people who think i am mad...

Midlife crisis? Maybe...I cant afford a Porsche and too scared of the missus to have the affair so kidding myself I am still fit and young...maybe [:)]
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm first wave off on the Saturday. Jsut coming back from injury caused by car accident so not really done much running. Going to be happy just to get round. As long as I beat my awful swim time from last year I'll be happy. Twas my first ever tri. Times:

Swim: 11.30

T1: 1.24

Bike: 39.10

T2: 1.58

Run: 22.24

1hr 16min 29sec

It's completely flat apart form a couple of small bridges which really can't be counted. Can get a bit windy as it's quite exposed.

See you there....
    J, if you fancy we can do a run on sat, just 3 - 5Km?
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 47
    I'll be there on Sunday in the 35 - 39 Wave.
  • I'm doing the saturday. First OW tri this year. Trying to stay positive and not let the fear get to me!!!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Just booked this for Sunday 24th -- the 3Quarter Olympic one ... don't know what start time is yet though. Will be my first Triathlon due to my first one been turned into a duathlon ;)

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I'm on the 28 June - first OW race. Eeek.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Im on the Saturday, first wave I think so nice and early. Last years target to beat 1:06:46 so hoping for no wind for all of our PB's sakes! Good luck everyone.
  • nick041976nick041976 Posts: 6
    Sunday 17th...can't wait ;o)
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    99% decided to celebrate my 52nd birthday by doing the 3/4 Olympic on the Sunday - 3/4? shouldn't the swim then be 1125m?