Home Chat General Chat

nuts and seeds

shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
Tend to use them as a sweet substitute. There's usually some lurking in the cupboard. Brazil nuts are a favourite. Also have pumpkin seeds and hemp/flax seeds - mainly as a topping to cereal - or just to snack on.

Recently though, I have been using sweets as a nut substitute. Which isn't quite so good.

P.S. What's happened to the dog?

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    do any of you's incorp these into your diet?

If so what kind/type etc

I read in 220 that these can help in the diet so I was keen to give it a go.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I like to have pine nuts, and things like a bag of mixed nuts & dried fruit. Not sure if they are good or not, but they taste good and i like them.
    Seems like a good thing, might pop into local supermarket and pick some up,

Shadow will make a dramatic return very soon.

That dogs a legend around my parts. Its a sad day when folks know your dogs name but not your own!!!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    shadowone1 wrote:

Its a sad day when folks know your dogs name but not your own!!!

I can totally sympathise with that.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Me too!

I have about 6 friends on face book, he has hundreds.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Is that Mungo i see there!? Thought i recognised that hound!
    It is indeed. At about 4 months old. He's a great big 7 month old now. Still breathtakingly beautiful though.

Whoops! Nothing to do with Tri. Sorry.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    That's ok, i have a tendency to skew off topic. He's very handsome.

does he like nuts and seeds? lol
    Everything!

Carrots, Snails, Bottle Tops, Tie wraps, plastic bags, plus things that would make comanighttrain have one of his peculiar turns.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    i only just realised that this was you tonight jack....he is really cute! i'm a sucker for dogs....would love to have one in london but not sure the landlord would like one in the flat and to be honest, it's not fair to the dog....
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    oh forgot to add i always have seeds and nuts in my cupboard and i too use them for a substitute for sweets...doesn't always work tho[;)] i find brazil nuts are the sweetess..cashews are also good...

i made my own muslie and added seeds, nuts and dried fruit...also use them to top salads (seeds only on this one)...
    I admire the way you've managed to bring the thread back on topic!

Macadamia nuts are also rather nice - but so many calories. Probably more than sweets!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    but not empty calories...always have a box of mixed fruit & nuts beside the settee & dip in as & when. A real mix brazils, cashews, almonds, hazel, peanuts, wallnuts, raisins etc.
    As I said the dramatic return.....

I came in from the garage training and this is what I got....