Home Chat General Chat

Done, I have done it, yes, finished!

fantastic well done now the learning begins[:D]

Comments

• just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Just a quickie from an excited Triathlete Rookie!

Just finished my first triathlon, Thames Turbo, and am over the moon! When I signed up 7 weeks ago I wanted to do it in 1.37, personal goal was 1.25 and I did it in 1.20-ish (awaiting official time), which includes having to stop at the red lights so in my books I finished in just under 1.20! Splits, details and learnings to follow later!

Wooly, mka, love2tri, gunforhire and brizzichick - I came over to say hello but you had abandoned your bikes, so did not find you. :-( Wooly - nice meeting you, I hope you enjoyed the race as much as I did!

mka - I now know how you feel about those people standing up in the middle of the pool ....
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Very well done. Bravo!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Great time dude. Congratulations! I found it a little strange at first, all that build up, then over before you knew it. Just keep looking at the marker pen on your arm and thinking about the next one :)

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    Thank you all!

I was afraid of the 'and what next now the race is over' question last week, but Juniacroode inspired me, so I registered on Friday for the London OD in August, this way I had a race planned before the first one started, which gave me an extra push ... cannot wait to get back to training, but will celebrate with the family today! ;-))
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Unless you are competing for a charity, I doubt if there are places left at London, it fills up very fast.
    Hi MG, yes, it's for charity - NSPCC - I have done todays event for them, too and raised quite a bit if money.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    see you in London just2tri
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    well done mate. i have jsut 2 weeks to go until eton - can't wait!!
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    just2tri - congratulations - glad you had a great first race!!
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Well Done, that's a fantastic effort.. it will only get easier/better from here.

Scotty

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    & so the addiction begins!!! Congrats..[:)]
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    damn damn damn just2tri! i did want to catch up....was one of my aims but somehow in all the excitement i forgot! glad you had a good time and excellent news re results! was loads of fun...will definitely try and catch up with peeps next time....
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Great results :D glad you enjoyed it and looking forward your next one.

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    Have to agree with just2tri that the marshalls yesterday were excellent and the day ran perfectly.

My race report runs like this.

Pre event

Absolutely freezing and nervous as hell meant the shivering was on epic proportions!!! Down the Caffienated gel and then wait until the very last minute before ducking out of the hooding and trackie bottoms to Q in the cold before a nice bath, sorry swim in the 28 degree pool.

Swim

Once i was sent on my way i just got into a rhythm and chugged through the lenghts, i got overtaken once and overtook at the same time at the top of the 1st and then had a clear run all the way in so happy with that. Befor i knew it i was at the end and running to Transisiton. Swim was 9:57 so just 0.03 off my PB. Transistion was a slowish affair as it was rather chilly but like Just2tri i "manned-up" and just rode in my suit.

Bike

Managed to take 2 guys on the start (commuting has it's benefits for a quick getaway!) and then had targets ahead for the first 10k. As i kept my speed at about 20mph i seemed to be blasting past people ahead of me, which on a folding bike was satisfying in the extreme!!!! There was a roundabout at the top of the course that i fluffed and had to lose a lot of speed but except for the pot holes i was pretty happy with the bike. bike split was 40.57 again just off PB time.

Run

After the non-compete zone i was able to get back, sit down (balance wasn't what it could be!!!) and put my socks & trainers on, and then blast the run. Felt really fresh for the run (think i should have pushed more on the bike) so decided to pace the 1st mile (watch autolaps on miles) and see where i was, ended up doing a negative split to bring home the run in 23:30.

Unlike Just2tri my missus thought i'd be in at about 9:15 and so just missed my finish, however Just2tri was there to congratulate me which was good to see a familiar face.

Overall Race was 1:17:44 [185 overall and 27th in Cat out of 49]

Pretty chuffed for the 1st punt and now aboslutely addicted!!! Sadly my showing on the bike did little to help the "i need a proper bike because this one is so slow" conversation with the WAT Officer!!!!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Good on you! well done!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Yeah well done! Shame about the lights. [:D]
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Well done - great results and great post!