Home Chat General Chat

New turbo and New Bike!!

I finally took the plunge and spent my hard earned money (and next months money) on my first road bike. Other than just wanting to tell someone (seeing as no-one at work seems interested in how beautiful it is!) I wanted to ask if people have ditched their turbo trainers now its apparently summer or if people still use them as part of their summer time training program? The only reason I ask is that when I went to pick my bike up I found myself leaving with a cycle computer, padded shorts, spare tyres and a turbo as well. I'd like to do a few sprint triathlons this year as well as my Du so am keen to get the most out of my relatively limited training time.

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Got a pic of the new bike?

I use my turbo still as the weather generally over the past while in Scotland has been terrible (as usual).

Its also good for building on the strenghth/ endurance etc but it has to be said that nothing beats the real thing.

I generally use mine for brick training which I do on Sat mornings and then go for a decent run on the sunday, weather permitting.

Best thing to do is to devise a training plan which suits you and work on it from there.
  • Thanks Shadowone, I'm skipping off work early to attach my bike computer and go for a spin! Hope you get some road worthy weather your way soon! I know everyone probably has better components but I'm totally happy with this. It was between this and a Felt and I'm sorry to say that the looks swung it. Its amazing how quickly all my weeks of research just went out of the window.

[image]local://2529/DF63240F7F6C4F478BE893E6D42B1D46.jpg[/image]
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Well the rest of the week is gone as its to rain heavy all week.

If you take a look on page 5ish or do a search you might get a copy of a programme that you can use on th turbo. I would say to ignore the turbo at your peril.

I love the bike, certainly I would be happy with it. Only thing perhaps is a set of aero bars in the future and clipless pedals but these are not a necessity.

Whats the groupset on the bike?

Def looks the part. Good Luck!!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Nice bike.

I use the turbo all the time - it complements going outside, rather than providing an alternative.

See This thread
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    I use the TT still... its useful for focused sessions and/or when training time ends up being late in the day,... I have some spinervals too which help in terms of kleeping a focus etc.

didds

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    sexybike
  • Thanks Guys, Group set is only sora, I wanted 105 but couldn't find anything in budget thanks to the pound/dollar exchange rate, imminent onset of summer, and popularity of Bike to work schemes (which my place doesn't do) keeping demand high.

Had a spin on the Turbo last night outdoors in the dark watching the football through the window! Definitely going to need a fan if I take it inside!