Home Chat General Chat

Know your Bike course!

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx

A good website to mark your bike route and get info on elevation, ascents, decents, suggested finishing time based on your input parameters, etc.

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    nice [:D]
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    [color=#000000]At least now you can be scared of the bike leg beforehand and do not need to wait until you hit the hill ....[/color]

[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000]Talking of hills .... a colleague of mine did the Cinglés de Mont Ventoux challenge over the BH weekend and here is his recollection of the event.[/color]

[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000]After a valiant attempt and over 8000 calories in just over 5 hours, unfortunately we didn’t manage to complete the Cinglés de Mont Ventoux challenge. The first ascent on the North side of the mountain from Malaucene was fine. It was earlier in the morning and we were riding in the shadow of the mountain so it was much cooler, this section was over 10% gradient. The second ascent was on the South side of the mountain and, by this time, it was 28 degrees and getting hotter. The second climb from Bedoin is the classic Tour de France route, i.e. the toughest one … 22km of un-relenting uphill from 9% – 12 % gradient. It is unbelievable! The guy I was riding with started having hallucinations and an agoraphobic / vertigo panic attack about 4km short of the second summit. He collapsed off his bike, had to be wrapped in a foil blanket and had to be taken back down the mountain in the back of a van. I carried on to the top to complete the second ascent and then headed back down to Sault ready for the third ascent….but it wasn’t going to happen - there was simply nothing left in my legs! [/color]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Sounds like my commute home.

Actually, it makes me want to have a go!
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    http://www.montventouxwebcam.com/masters.html

Have a look at the masters, Jack!
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    I use something similar 4 mapping out my runs [color=#008000]www.mapmyrun.com[/color]