Home Chat General Chat

A wheelie good offer..!

AndreAndre Posts: 103
Excuse the poor pun for a subject, but...

I've been a good little boy for two months now and not spent any money on triathlon-related clothing or equipment, but the itch has just been getting too much.

Having already decided to wait a little longer before buying another bike (that'd make it 3 in 9 months and I'm just not sure the other two bikes would understand), I've been looking at wheelsets.

Although it would make sense to go aero, but I've just seen a pair of Fulcrum Racing 1's for £350; it's just a little over what I'd call an impulse purchase... so, any opinions on those wheels?

My personal preference, for a shallow-section race day wheel, would be for a pair of Mavic Kyserium SL's - the single red spoke and red hubs just scream at me, but beggars can't be choosers.

By the way, I've got to purchase by the end of play today, if I want the deal..!

Comments

• AndreAndre Posts: 103
    Purchase made, the temptation was too much! Anyway, if I don't like 'em, I'll probably get my money back on eBay.

If anyone else is interested: they're on Jim Walker's at www.i-ride.co.uk under the 'Monday Madness' discount.