Home Chat General Chat

help getting bike into box

JohnaJohna Posts: 27
[:@] Last year I bought a DHB bike box form Wiggle. I'm racing overseas next month and thought I'd have a try at packing the bike. Big joke. Does anyone know how to get a bike into a DHB bike box? Has anyone actually done it? The nearest I got was when I packed the frame but couldn't get the wheels in. I've tried putting the bike in at all angles and positions - but no joy. It's as if it was made specifically NOT to fit a bike.

Any help would be most appreciated. [:D]

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Have you tried youtube?? Theres a vid for everything on that site, if all else fails....................

[image]local://1517/BE1C853A8338483DBE2C639E0E7689A3.jpg[/image]
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    buy a Sci-Con box.
    sfuller wrote:

buy a Sci-Con box.

.......or do that, I have one of these babies, bike goes in in about 5 min.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    try this mate :

Remove front wheel, remove skewer. Wrap hub ends well with bubble wrap and cover with card, an unprotected axle can eat its way through paint. Re-attach front brake noodle if V or cable barrel if canti. Remove front mudguard and tape to front wheel.

Wrap each of the frame tubes and forks with bubble and then cardboard sleeves if available.

Shift chain into lowest gear, then wrap handle bars well with bubble wrap, remove them and tape them to the top tube without over-stretching the cables. If quill remove the stem, if threadless remove bars and re-attach stem face-plate.

Turn forks backwards if they'll go and insert plastic fork spacer into front drop-outs or pack well with rolled up card.

Remove pedals.

Remove saddle and remove any excess grease from post. Tape a decent roll of card over the seat post hole.

Tape front wheel and f guard to LH side of bike, slipping the LH crank through the spokes to reduce the overall width.

Wrap and bag or box the skewer, pedals and seat.

Place bike and bag of parts in box.

Have cup of tea.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    cancel that .

I misread your post... missed the part about what box you had.

Sorry

..back of the net.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgl4bfBw-j4