Home Chat General Chat

Do you know anyone who has actually won a 220triathlon online competition?

no [8|]

Comments

• s9904055s9904055 Posts: 10
    What are the odds of winning one of 220triathlon online competitions and claiming their exclusive prizes? I've been a devoted follower to 220triathlon and regularly register to their online competitions. However, I have the feeling that I am destined not to win anything...all I'm asking is a wetsuit[:(].

Anyway, does anyone know anybody who has managed to win something?
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    nor me.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Conehead wrote:

do you work for 'Triathletes World'?

PMSL, No nor me I always enter!
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Nor me, I was wondering the same thing recently. 220 do publish the winners names but I guess they could be made up???
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    I haven't won on here, but I once one 'A Guide To Sucba Diving Around The World' book off a Fitness Forum.

Just a case of entering everything going, and hoping!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    The cynic in me believes the competions are rigged.

A good friend of mine once won a mobile phone in a competion but only after his mate had told him to enter (the mate happened to work for the magazine that was running the competition...).

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I've worked with a company that organised online competitions. The winners weren't random at all and were picked based on what kind of mood 'the judge' was in.

Not very fair at all.

So much for picking the winner out of a hat!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    I mentioned on one of the threads last year that I used to work with a girl who used to work with a company who ran some of these comps,and the winner had to be from a certain element of the population in a specific area of the country.One of the replies was from someone who had won one of the competitions.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I won a hoofpick once from horse and pony magazine.

It was yellow. It also had a little brush on it.

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    i entered the competition in last months 220 to be the wiggle sponsored athlete. didnt win, but thats how i ended up in this months magazine. do they just run competitions to get ideas for articles???
  • I won a competition with Triathlon 220. They didn't tell me though - luckily spotted my name in the mag and contacted them to find out when I would get my prize!!

Not sure if I would have received it otherwise.
    Superb!!!!

I'm glad to hear that there is someone out there who actually wins these competitions and manages to claim their prize.

...I guess there is still hope for me then...as well as everyone else.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    I had my hilarious story (one of my little mishaps) published in FHM and I was meant to get a football shirt. I'm still waiting for that; hate football as it happens though so no biggy....
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    BexH - you can't tease us like that and not tell us the mishap! There may be a t-shirt in it for you!!!
    tell us the mishap! i just won a 'STD awareness' t-shirt in a fun run that you can have....
  • Nothing to do with triathlon, but I won a £2000 kitchen through entering a competition in one of those "home" mags.

Chose a nice white one. Prize didnt include installation though.[:(]
    Pfft! You read 'home' mags? I didn't think anyone bought those. Do you work at a doctors? [;)]
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    An STD awareness t-shirt???? Wow, maybe you'd better pass that on to Coma with his interest in all of us fine ladies ha ha. [:D]

Ok, the story was thus:

I was walking in my mates field with his several labradors and as we were chatting they kept running up with sticks for me to throw for them. However, one stick that they brought over they seemed reluctant to let go of for me to throw for them. I had the end of it in my hand and did a bit of a wrestle with the dog at the other end whilst mid conversation with my mate at the same time thinking 'this stick feels a bit weird, like soft bark...' at which point I looked down and realised that my doggy chums had not brought me a stick but a severed (and semi decomposed) deer leg...... nice! I dropped it pretty sharpish as you can imagine before wetting myself with laughter!!!
  • Jesster wrote:

Pfft! You read 'home' mags? I didn't think anyone bought those. Do you work at a doctors? [;)]

Jesster....It was a few years ago when we were decorating the house! "Your Home" it was called and very good it was too!

PS. I am a female species in case you thought otherwise!!
  • [quote="jon_g"]I entered the competition in last months 220 to be the wiggle sponsored athlete. didnt win, but thats how i ended up in this months magazine. do they just run competitions to get ideas for articles???[/quote]

Any idea who actually won the competition?

I had a flick through the latest 220 magazine and couldn't find anything.

Did see you though [:D]
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    looked through it too, couldnt see a winner. typical hey!
  • philephile Posts: 8
    I won a 220 competition about 7 years ago when I started doing triathlons.

Set me up with a wetsuit and various bits of tech clothing
    A new 220triathlon comeptition today and great prizes up for grabs. However, my question is, did anyone win the last competition?
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    I once won a garden pond pump by supplying the the "letter of the week" in amateur gardening magazine.

I'll get me coat.

didds

• gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    nope! just entered the 2XU comp as i though as i'm in reading, i'm bound to win right?
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Ojn the orginal question. I do not know anyone who has one but I am sure blurrdgirl got some newtons from letter of the week!
  • Hi folks,

Lots of goodies in the last competition. Did anyone get lucky?
  • s9904055 wrote:
    Hi folks,

Lots of goodies in the last competition. Did anyone get lucky?
    Why dont you use your intranet and ask your editor...............
  • I enter all the 220 comps online, plus triplus and stuff tv, yes I have a lot of time on hands

No I've never won a bloody thing, wondered if I would have more luck posting my entry rather than entering online
  • I won 2nd Prize in the Powertap comp a couple of years ago - 3 months free useage from cyclepowermeters ( didn't take it up tho' as I liked the wheels I had )