Home Chat General Chat

Thames Turbo - twas soo much fun!

well along with a few others today i also completed the above tri....sooo hear's a bit of a rundown....

being woken up at stupid o'clock t'was not fun i tell ya...but got there and met up with a couple of mates and got more and more nervous! waiting at the pool, it was damn cold! DAMN cold....little tip....whilst waiting for your turn, dip you feet in the small pool behind the big one...tis warm and will help you defrost a bit [;)]

swim was ok...was quite happy getting into warm water...i'm with you guys...peeps should put down their correct time (or close to it) and not pick some random out of the air!...anyhooo swim over, biking began...

mka...you were right, the course was very flat...which was good but the road was shocking! it was just like being in london..tee hee....for anyone considering doing this...please watch out for a LOT of potholes and bad attempts of filing the roads in....especially through the small town where the speedbumps are....

back for the run...in t2 and was thanking the god of triathlons for my curly laces as this helped me out of transition reasonably quick....well i'm not if it was quick but i got out a couple around me! also my feet and fingers were numb...no way i could have done up laces! in fact they didn't thraw out until halfway around the run!

i felt pretty good in the run...how could you not...it was through bushy park and there were deer around the place, it was sunny and there were people cheering you on!....i had a friend who had already finished near the finishing line cheering me on soo tried my best to sprint to the finish! tried being the operative word!

Sum up of the race...it was extremely well run and everyone was out to have fun...people were sooo friendly and everyone had words of encouragement for everyone...there were a lot of newbie's out there which was great to see (my first sprint so I was in that lot)...the marshalls were great....as you pass them on the course, they catch your number and cheer and encourage you on by name...that definitely helped me!.....

soz i didn't get to meet up with anyone...was overly hyped...damn shame....especially as that was one of my goals...will try at next race....also wore the smiley....no one commented or noticed...oh well...it will catch on eventually [;)]

times....for me it was a PB...wanted under 1:30...got 1:26:54....can't tell you how chuffed i am to get 4 mins under what i was waiting for!!!!! they don't split up the transitions which is a bit of a shame so here's the rest....

swim: 11:49

cycle: 46:29

run: 28:36

soo plenty room for improvement but i LOVED IT!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Sounds like that was worth getting out of bed for!

Very well done - good time.

I feel so envious of all you guys! But great to hear your stories. Nice write up BC.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    All these tri Newbies making me jealous :( - Great result and benchmark for your next one.

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    nice one brizzichick.......great post......you caught the atmosphere perfectly. Great result too. What's next chuck?
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    i've got a 10k in june followed by another sprint in henley the week after and then the London super sprint in august (booked this first...in hindsite shoulda started with this instead)...going to visit the folks in oz in sept and thinking of doing an ITU sprint down the gold coast....

even thinking of doing the next turbo sprint if i don't go away for the long weekend in may

so yes...i am addicted......[:D]
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Great post Brizzichick and good times too! Makes its sooooo much more interesting when you get a good race debrief like theis.

Well done again x
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    brizzichick - great post & you had a great race as well - congrats!

p.s also glad to know that i'm not the only one that tries to fit in a tri when visiting the folks (doing an event in Oz in August)
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    mka...you taking your bike home? can't decide if it's worth it or not...will have to probably grab a mates (not sure any of my mates cycle) or hire one.....
  • mkamka Posts: 26
    yep - well that's the plan, though i need to sort out a bike bag/box or something like that, flying qantas & they have an odd sizing limit for bike boxes