Home Chat General Chat

7km time..just a general run...

In what time do you run this distance normally? Not in a race, just an average run over undulating terrain.

I'm a slow one-pacer, but I'd like to know your times to encourage me to try harder!!

Comments

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    It would take me about 45mins but have done it a bit quicker in the past.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Easy pace about 8 min miles (34 - 35 mins)

tempo pace about 7 mins - 7 20 mins. - 31 - 32 mins.

Hard pace (LV) about 6:45 min miles (28 - 29 mins).

• godluvsatriergodluvsatrier Posts: 199
    I'm pretty much the same as Jack's times I think but not too sure as only ever time myself in a race.

but you shouldnt worry too much about times it will come in time with the fitness levels. good luck.

jack - by the way i love your new profile pic!! have been away from the forum for a few days but your dog is soo cute!! got me wanting a dog even more!!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    i wouldn;t wqorry about what anybody else does it in. Its all about you 9sdounds like a song).

keep a record of what time you did it in this weel. Then see how you go next week. etc etc etc.

how are you training/scheduling your run to improve? one easy, one long, one tempo per week?

didds

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    As said above its all about you ;) ... have a google and see what a good 7k time is, failing that see what a good 5k time is and a 10k time and split the difference. I reckon I can do just under 8 min miling (sorry am old school miles not kilometers) for 7k - best time for a 10k is about 47 mins.

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Easy going - 30 mins

Moderate - 27/28 mins

Flat out - 25 mins

But like the guys have said above, dont worry about what others do it in. Concentrate on what you can do it in and work on reducing that time.

You could have someone who could do it 5 or 10 mins quicker than you, but then you have to ask 'can they cycle as fast as me' or 'can they swim as fast as me' its all ok being a fast runner, but if your swim and bike splits are the slower legs of your race it doesnt matter so much....generally anyway:)

My best leg is the bike and generally not many people are much quicker than me in a race, so if I see people with better run splits or swim splits then I always tell myself that they prob cant ride a bike anywhere near as quick.... that just helps keep my head up during a race:)
  • Thanks for your replies. I was just curious. Supposed to be doing a 7k at Blenheim on Sunday, but shins are iffy at the moment. Did a very steady 7k last night in 44 mins. When I say steady, I mean very steady jog!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I used to do a run route which was about 7km. My best time was about 37 minutes. I've not done it this year though, since training properly.I must do it sometime and see how I get on.
  • GGGG Posts: 82
    Hi,

Runners word has a usefull training section (think its the smartcoach link)

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/defaulttraining.asp?sp=&v=3

Your probably best IMHO training by heart rate, hills, tiredness, hydration all have an effect on speed but if you train by hear trate you truely know how much effort you have given.

GG

• GGGG Posts: 82
    WRONG!

Tha links creates a training schedule, this one is a training calculator.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=1676

G

• lauraflauraf Posts: 31
    Like you I am pretty much one paced, 8km sunday morning run is now about 51 mins (from 55 mins a couple of months ago) and my 5km best is 30 mins. There is an article & training plan in Runners world this month for improving your 5km time so I am going to try that after my first triathlon a week on sunday.