Home Chat General Chat

anyone in london want to go for ride on sunday morn??

Where abouts are you ?

Comments

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    was going to go for a cycle anyway and thought I'd see if anyone wants to join me?
    yup probably should have included that...opps

live near clapham junction so was thinking southish...richmond or something but up for any suggestions...

have bike...will travel [:)]
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I live in surrey.... I'm working but will take a days leave for a ride.... not been on the bike for 2 weeks ( been away on holiday and working loads so need a work out).

Can I let you know by tomorrow evening ?

I'll go anywhere south of the Thames :)

• scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Hey Brizzi,

How far do you normally go and roughly what Avg Speed?

Regards

Scotty

willieverfinish....yup no probs...we can play it by ear anyway...

scott....umm well....now i'm slightly embarrassed cause i really don't know...i've never really measured my speed (obviously something i will do from now on)...as for distance...can do 40k or so no probs....

am sure that will now put people off cycling with me now......

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Yeh, I might. Im in Islington. What day? Time?
  • 2triharder2triharder Posts: 1
    Hi guys just signed and see that people cycle in london... Amazing

i usually cycle in Richmond park what time you thinking of going?

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I'll do Richmond park if I can get the day off

i don't mind...early is fine for me....say 8 - 9am? am flexible with time (tho I've got something on around 1 so need to be back by 12.30ish)....richmond suits me but is that a bit of a hike for you sfuller? was planning sunday morning....
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Hi Brizzi,

I can't make this Sunday as I've got a Half Marahton, but going forward let me know. I'm just down the M3.. I'm always looking for new routes and partners.. and I'm looking to up to my distances over the summer so I could cycle over to you for a cycle perhaps??

I can always recommend cycle routes over my way.. there are plenty of routes in/around Berkshire and Bucks.. some include some lovely hills in the chilterns:)

Scotty

• j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    brizzi - I would like to join you if that is cool, I am based in Woolwich but I am happy to come over to you in the morning.
    sounds cool...sunday it is...why don't we say richmond park...8:30 (is this too early/late??)...not sure where peeps want to meet at richmond.....

j27rt...if you want to head my way we could head there together..otherwise if its easier for you to go straight there..i'll meet you there...pm if you want to meet beforehand...

scott...will keep you informed in future...i'm always up for cycling somewhere new too so could come over your way sometime.....
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Hey, most weekends I'd definetely be down for some riding near Richmond/Surrey anywhere further as I'm in Wimbledon and those are my standard routes. But this weekend is a no-go for me. If anyone wants to ride other weekends, its always better to get some company if you're gonna be going for a few hours. Solo long rides are the hardest for being all alone rather than pushing the pedals it seems to me...

• hi j27rt - we are in limehouse and also doing Monaco - if you fancy some kent hills one weekend, let us know. clearly in no way will prepare us for the horror that seems to be Monaco, but hey. we are not around for the next couple of weekends, but usually aim to do 100k on a Sat am.

everyone else, have a great ride!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    hey, are you guys still planning on going on Sun morning? I live 10 min away from the park on the Sheen side so could meet you wherever. Might be able to drag a friend in too.
    yup i'm keen and j27rt is also keen...we could meet you at the gates??? if we meet at the gates, which one is best? wot time?
    Hi Brizziechick, Roehampton gate suit you guys ok? 8:30 or 9 am perhaps?
    yup fine with me....j27rt is coming a bit further afield so he can choose time...

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Love to join you guys if that's all right? I'm in Clapham Common so just up the road from yourself Brizzi.

Also up for other days if Danny/Scott or anyone else is keen.
    The more the merrier I say. I might have organised a couple of other riders too, but we might be having a tough training day tomorrow so will see how it goes. Just need a time that suits everyone and we are sorted.
    Anytime is good for me
    Ok then I think its up to J27RT for a time? Should we say 9am in case we dont hear from him?
    Yeah - 9 sounds good. Just thinking though - Roehamption gate is the main meeting spot and it can be pretty busy down there on a Sunday. We'll all have to wear a red carnation on our helmets to recognise each other
    Ah good thinking. Im trying to think of somewhere easy to find but not so obvious. 3rd tree from the left perhaps? What about going up sawyer hill in the park and just before the roundabout by richmond gate, on the grass on the left?
    Yeah - good spot. See you there at 9 then. Is that ok with the other takers?
    Ron99...i'm meeting j27rt at 8.30 at the chicken place outside clapham common tube...we were going to ride to richmond from there...wanna join us? we'd then meet the rest of the guys at 9 at the gate...wodda say? if it's a yes, i'll pm my moby just in case...

cool..looking forward to catching up with you guys....
    Well it sure sounds like a plan coming together! Ive only heard excuses from some of the rest so it might just be me. I'll be the silly-looking one with the shaved head on the black Felt. I look forward ot meeting you guys tomorrow.
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Apologies, for the lack of confirmations - just realised people expect me to work and not read this forum all day, the cheek of it!

Just to confirm that the above is all ok with me, aslong as brizzi knows the way from the tube station....
    Bman wrote:

I'll be the silly-looking one with the shaved head on the black Felt. I look forward ot meeting you guys tomorrow.

Eh - did I miss something - is it tomorrow (Sat) or Sunday? I thought it was Sunday we were talking about. Can do either I guess. Might be a bit late to be asking this question at 11PM the night before...

Plus, Bman - Does the Felt bike indicate you're some sorta human powered two-wheeled speed machine? Am I expected to keep up? :)
    brizzichick wrote:

Ron99...i'm meeting j27rt at 8.30 at the chicken place outside clapham common tube...we were going to ride to richmond from there...wanna join us?  we'd then meet the rest of the guys at 9 at the gate...wodda say?  if it's a yes, i'll pm my moby just in case...

cool..looking forward to catching up with you guys....

Yep - defo - I live about 100M from there (Old Town) so that's kool and the gang.