Home Chat General Chat

Anyone going to Liquid Leisure early morning open water swimming sessions?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I'm just wondering if anyone from here is currently going to liquid leisure near datchett for the early morning open water swim session's?

I work in slough so going to go before work but as my hubby is afraid of open water and wetsuit's I have to go alone [:(]

I haven't open water swam since last september and seem to have developed a slight fear.....I know I'll be fine once I'm back in the water but getting to know other peeps there would certainly help.

Thanks for reading and happy training everyone,

Loopy xxx

Comments

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Hi Loopy,

I'm there next Tuesday all things being well.
  • Hi Jonhinio [:D]

I will most certainly be there on tuesday, did get everything sort to go this morning but woke with a nasty migraine...thought swimming would be a bad idea.

Also tried on wetsuit on again after it's 6 month holiday.....thankfully it still fits!!

If you see a girl with white/blonde hair or a pink swim cap...then thats me.

see you tuesday hopefully,

Loopy x
  • I went last year a couple of times and want to start again now but think it might be too cold for me at the mo.

Can you let me know how cold it is on Tuesday and I might consider going next Thursday.
    It was a bit nippy this morning, but not too bad. Fog was the only hindrance as we were kept close to the ramp for safety.

Good crowd there though.

Sorry Didn't get to see you Loopy. What time were you there?
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 47
    Swam at Liquid leisure on Saturday Morning.

water temperature wasn't too bad and as Jonhinio said, there was a good crowd.

Hoping to start heading down there a little more regularly now.

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Hi there...yep, I went last Saturday, it was my first time and definitely plan to go again,as madly,thoroughly enjoyed myself! I even managed to get round the 750m loop with my head in the water..(normally I struggle with this idea!)...it wasn't too cold once you got going and as I think someone else mentioned, there was a good crowd there! Are we all insane???

LL was really good this morning. Got in at 6. Not too cold at all. Did the 750 loop
  • Scott WScott W Posts: 51
    christened my wetsuit there on Sunday, arrived at 7am, air temp was around 6 degrees brrrr

enjoyed it, did the 400m loop, then the 750m, then swift cuppa to warm up, was a decent crowd there, think i saw a forumite (well a bloke with pink hair [:D])
    Anyone going down this Saturday (9th) and fancy a sit in hot tub to analyse swim and then coffee afterwards?
    At Heron Lake on Saturday at 7 if you fancy coming over there instead? With Clarky and Scott as well.
  • I'm going for my first OW swim on Saturday. Hoping I can fit into the wetsuit I bought in a hurry last year!

For anyone who has been to Liquid Leisure recently - is it cold and breathtaking or nice and refreshing?
    It was nice yesterday. Not as cold as last week. In there tomorrow at 6
    Thanks Jonhinio, I might just join you all then on Sat & try Heron instead....will let you know, you'll be able to spot me as my head very rarely gets in the water, far too many distractions on route! [:D]
    Am popping down for a quick, early morning whizz round the lake this Saturday (30th May) with a couple of friends if anyone wants to join (actually quick won't be the correct word I'd use, more like very very slow crawl..as expect a slight hangover to follow me....hmmmmm!![&:]).
  • I'm popping inot Datchet on Thursday morning if anyone else is going? Does anyone know if they have the wetsuit hire available on Thursdays??