Home Chat General Chat

neoprene swim hats

ironkavironkav Posts: 259
Anyone use these.. another expense..

Was looking at an ORCA one on wiggle (not in stock though). but sbr have it... http://www.sbrsports.com/697-334114?c=eur

Are they just an added expense or will i actually need it?

Comments

• MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Depends on how cold the water is and how long you plan on being in there.

I wouldn't bother personally unless i was swimming the channel.
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Agree with MOWF - swim cap should suffice or 2 if its cold or you want to lock on those goggles.

G
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Which Richard Stannard refers to in that video on 220 as, a tw@t hat. I bought one last year for the SPW tri in Hyde park. Decided not to use it cos I looked so damn stupid. Boy did I regret it at just over 12 degrees in the pond!! If you feel the cold, use one.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    I bought one of ebay......i look ridiculous in it so i dont care how cold the water is.

but hey if you want it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=250419686883

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    cheers.. think ill just grow my hair..
  • godluvsatriergodluvsatrier Posts: 199
    you know im thinking i might eventually get one of these for my olympic distance ones?? looks like they may also help stop water getting in ears a bit maybe...
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    godluvsatrier wrote:
    looks like they may also help stop water getting in ears a bit maybe...

I never swim without earplugs. And I'll be wearing my neoprene hat at Switzerland too, BRRRRRRRRR

• andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    MG wrote:
    ORIGINAL: godluvsatrier

looks like they may also help stop water getting in ears a bit maybe...

I never swim without earplugs. And I'll be wearing my neoprene hat at Switzerland too, BRRRRRRRRR

it wont stop much water....but ear plugs will