Home Chat General Chat

Does anyone actually have a job?

I think this must mean we don't get much work done at work....

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    What is this J O B thing you speak of?
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Jesster wrote:

I think this must mean we don't get much work done at work....

I try not to!

This is a nice distraction
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    this is a job, the time it takes to keep up with all the posts.
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    I wouldn't really call it work lol Spend most my time planning training
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Oh my god! I have just relised I should actually be doing something sat at my desk! Dam those students I should ne teaching they can sort them selves out!
  • squareclaresquareclare Posts: 99
    being a student = no work + lots of training!!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    My job is a triathlete. I have a hobby called surveyor.

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Have you seen the number of us logged in?

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    i'm off on hols on Friday and should really be doing some work - but feel withdrawl pangs coming on....
  • Software Developer. I go between periods of total tumble weed and heavy work....and the tumble weed is rolling at the moment
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    um, not for long at this rate....
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    personally i feel "job" is a swear word that should have been filtered out by the moderators!!![;)]
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    I dip in to the forum to keep myself sane between hours of accounting and spreadsheets (wish I could go back and trottle my careers advisor [:@])
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Swizzlenap wrote:

could go back and trottle my careers advisor [:@])

Do they have swine flu?
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    @Shadowone1...that's just the Dublin accent [:)]
  • Scott WScott W Posts: 51
    Start of the season....first events looming, I belong to a golf forum and the traffic always increases exponentially at this time of year

S
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    WORK Thats just something to do when not training. After all it's race time now.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    wish I had one.

didds

• j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    This forum is far more interesting than work! As long as I get paid once a month to pay for new Tri gear I am happy!
  • godluvsatriergodluvsatrier Posts: 199
    J27 im with you there!! Surely that's why people work isn't it??? x
  • Wish I had a job, if only to pay for new gear...[:(]
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    godluvsatrier - Indeed it is, a recent change of job means that my work hours have dramatically reduced which means more time for training (and more money Wahoo!)
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Didds, you can have my job!

But be warned-it can seriously get in the way of training!

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    a what??? ah yes, must concentrate in the day more, wondered why my to do list was getting bigger...but this is much more entertaining than software licensing!!
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Sadly I do have a job I like, It takes up 60 hours a week of my time and my training suffers because of it supose sometimes you just have to prioritise whats important paying the mortgage and buying food or arse-ing around in lycra.

So soon my bike will be in a small dark box.....being shipped to Lanzarote where I am going to take my family to live in 3 months time to get a pretend job and arse about to my hearts content in hot sweaty lycra..

you gotta love it, were a long time dead.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I have over-delivery problems, I'm told. So I have to spend most of my time posting on the forum, or I seriously undermine our value proposition and all those rates that have been so carefully constructed. It is not a good thing for cash flow to do a 3 day job in one. Ho hum.

I jest of course. I don't spend most of my time posting - only a very small percentage - like a striped lunch break.
  • halfanironmanhalfanironman Posts: 129
    work is rest.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    work is now keeping me from logging on and gets in the way of training - but I now really make the most of every minute's training
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Work costs me 10.5 hours a day, weekdays - pain in the rear but needs must and all that.

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    work schmerk. Most of the time, it just gets in the way of living. Thats why I've decided to pack it all in and move to NZ by Christmas. Happy happy.