Home Chat General Chat

The Forum buddies charity meet!

Right, in agreement with our leader (GR) i am asking everyone purchasing or considering the purchase of a forum t-shirt to add to this with a view to a meet up at an event.

so what we need if interested is.

[ul][*]Area of residence, (rough area if worried, however from looking at the romance thread that wouldnt be a problem).

[*]Ability and willingness to travel, i.e. what area would suit best.

[*]What events you have entered, to give a guide of the best time.[/ul]

Send it through and ill try to sort something out, we could have guest inputs from our busier members!

Me first, Im based Windsor way

Id travel anywhere

And im doing Eton 17/05, Blenhiem 06/06, Windsor 14/06, Steelman 05/07, Antwerp 70.3 02/08 and hopefully club relay 22/08.

Comments

• Scott WScott W Posts: 51
    Still deciding on a pic and "signature" but

Surrey based (near Epsom)

Pretty mobile

Doing Eton Super Sprint (16/4) Banana Man (12/7) London OD, HSBC Charity one in September (swimming relay leg)
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Great idea dude......it could be the forum buddies annual awards ceremony?

We could have a few fund raiser's.......auctions, raffles etc. And of course, the awards, for most embarrassing disaster during a race, most shameful excuse…….etc…I’m sure we could think of more.

.....given our schedules and stuff, i'm wondering if an end of season bash might work?

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    I'm in dorsetshire ( oooooooorrrrrrrr)

Willingness to travel --- Anywhere, just depends on day etc.

Doing dorch 10 may

weymouth 7 june

crewkerne supersprint 4th july

On holiday in greece 22 july till about 3rd august

Still looking for an august tri

September will be doing highwoth( no date yet)
  • CPT333CPT333 Posts: 56
    Also in Dorset, Have tonnes of races penciled in so just let me know when we are a go and i will arrange things around it,Definates so far are ironman uk 70.3 june 14, London Tri 2nd august and weymouth middle distance 27th sept.Everything around those are expendable though
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    Mid -West Wales (very)

used to travelling all over due to living in middle of nowhere up a mountain[:D]

entered

Eton sprint 28th June

London sprint 2nd Aug

looking for something end Sept

beginning Sept no go as fingers crossed daughter competing at worlds in Hungary on gee-gee
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    Am from Ipswich so far i have got planned 07/06 Braintree sprint

Ok don't no what happened there lets tri again.

From Ipswich and am doing Braintree sprint 07/06 Nowich od 05/07

cambridge od 16/08 Clacton od 13/09

But am looking at others. Think this is a great idea.
  • squareclaresquareclare Posts: 99
    colchester/ ipswich can travel any were...

am doing harwich sprint 20/06/09

bedford classic: 19/07/09

london oly: 02/08/09

cambridge oly: 16/08/09
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I do come from Somerset!

I suppose travel isnt an issue but performance maybe! Let me get my first under my belt in around 10 days I will know.

So doing......

Wellington sprint 16th may

Langport sprint september.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I'm from scotland..... ouch one helluva distance to travel but would do it for the right event.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    North West. I'm rather busy almost all summer though. Arrange whatever and if I can make it I will but most likely not sadly.
  • squareclaresquareclare Posts: 99
    sounds well good conehead!! really good idea overall!
    Lichfield is that

About 2.30 hours for the likes of me, i'm game, expecially like the free entry bit.

Is there a camp site close, now that would be a laugh.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Conehead wrote:

I could blag free entry for everyone?

Or entrie fees go to team laws?

Loving the sound of the forum buddies charity meet, but just wondering if I can get a freedom pass from the wife. Used up a few freedom points already this year.
    flavadave thats a great idea buddy
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Conehead,

That sounds like a plan. Would be up for that.

In the words of the immortal hannibal and the A-Team,

I just love it when a plan comes together....

• AndreAndre Posts: 103
    Or, we could take on a bit more of a challenge: the New Forest Middle Distance is the same date... Actually, scratch that idea!

The London Duathlon might be another option, the weekend before, for those that aren't doing Bala - surely IMG would do a charity deal there, too?
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    20 Sept should be good, I'm doing my first OD on 27th in Kent but that could be perfect, use this as a final workout before taper. I'd be in for that.
    Lichfield out Birmingham way?
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    I'd be up for this!
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I am game for this, I live in Surrey - very Near Epsom.

Obviously willing to travel to meet you all.

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Cool...
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    I'd be up for this, I am based in Woolwich SE London but willing to travel and I'm free for the Chase Race date.
    I'm up for it just got to sort out transport.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Jelly Legs, camping would be a great idea! All us Dorsetshire peoples could travel up in convoy and perhaps stay over the night of the tri too and have a blast!
  • LimeycatLimeycat Posts: 29
    I could be up for this depending mainly on whether I can recover from my first sprint Tri, which I'm planning to do the weekend before at Derby...

Oh, what the heck, I only live 15 miles up the road so count me in anyway - I can always crawl round!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    sounds like a plan to me might not mention it to the HAT inspector quite yet
    i thought the same, travel up together,

Would be a right giggle

Can i swim in my mankinee
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    I like the idea however I too have the New Forest Middle that day..

As I've been training for the MD (this caused all the 220 boys to beat me recently in the sprint in Lichfield!! I would of won if I'd been training for this distance!!) I need to complete this event..

Could we do another event weekend? or perhaps orgainse another date and a 220 only race? something currently outside of our calenders?

Otherwise I thinks it's a bloody good idea.

Scotty

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Yorkshire. West. Bronte Country it says on the signs.

But in a previous thread (or email!) I committed to Mr C'head's "Forum Wave" on 20th September in Stafford. That pledge still holds.

I'm not (unless I make miraculous progress) not planning any events until September (except for some cycling TTs that is). It will take me til September to learn to swim well enough, and I'm hanging up my running shoes until I've had no pain for a month.

I might well come and spectate though (at any events prior to September) - Ironman UK for example as it is only 40 mins drive away.