Home Chat General Chat

Warrior Diet

The bloke in the picture looks ill and unhappy, not the greatest advert[:D]

It looks interesting, though I've seen similar ideas before.

Comments

• i think he is trying the tough guy look. . . but i he just ends up looking sad ...ordered the book anyway, he seems to have some interesting ideas...donno if itll work to well with tri training tho.
  • What do you guys know/think of this diet?

thinking about trying it out.

http://www.warriordiet.com/

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Warrior-smorrior!!!!!! Look, as a fellow MMA fan you Know you want to try the Butterbean Diet...........

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I think it's s**t.

How about roots and berries?
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    looks like a load of horse shit to me.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    sounds like a loony.

the junkies that queue for their medication at the chemists at 5pm look healthier than that bloke.

Soreen. You know that's what you need, and you don;t have to buy anyone's book to learn it. [:)]

didds

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Only gave it a quick scan but it seems to be:

Eat more fresh fruit and veg

Eat lean protein

Exercise

Hardly rocket science, save your cash, Coma. x
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Now I might be new to triathlon, but I have been interested in nutrition, lifestyle choices and changing eating habits (don't like the word diet) for quite some time. I once was 18.5 stone - 118kg - 260 lbs, smoking and drinking and little exercising ..... Got really interested in changing my lifestyle as a heart attack was looming pre 30's. I have lost 4.25 stone - 27kg - 60 lbs and kept it off for nearly 10 years.

My advice is simple: Don't look at loosing weight, focus on changing body composition - loose fat, gain or maintain muscle! It is no good to loose 20 pounds in 2 weeks and all you have done is loose water due to carb depletion (thus less water stored in your body) and reduced lean muscle tissue by forcing your body into starvation mode as a result of a too low calorie 'diet'. Instead change your macro nutrients according to your lifestyle cycles (periodization, just like training), e.g. endurance training requires more carbs than strength training, especially if you have not much fat to loose, building muscle requires more protein and a calorie surplus, etc. Your body works like a bank account, if you deposit more money (calories) than you with draw (burn), you will accumulate savings (fat)!

When I have put on some weight during holiday or xmas etc, I reduce my daily calorie intake by about 500 cals and change the macro nutrient split by reducing the carbs I eat. I then eat no carbs (rice, pasta, bread, etc) after 12 noon and increase protein consumption (higher thermal value, which means you burn more energy digesting protein than digesting carbs). I eat 5-6 equal sized meals at 2-3 hour intervals.

Categorize your food to get the best possible outcome and focus on 'A' foods, e.g. an apple is an 'A' food, apple sauce is a 'B', apple pie is a 'C' .... get a s many natural A foods into your meals as possible.

Burn the fat and try to keep lean muscle, as lean mass burns more calories during exercise and during resting than fat! Your triathlon training will do the rest ....

Sorry if I get carried away with this subject, but diets just don't work - make changes to your lifestyle - and save tons of money on supplements, books and special remedies!

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Does the man in the picture look so unhappy because he has been force to eat a warrior? That must be to much protein! Eating a whole warrior!

On serious note, Looks a bit like all the others!
  • at the risk of you people finding my body blog i found this article

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler.htm

Gonna give the diet a shot.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    at the risk of you people finding my body blog

OK, I've read it - I assume that is what you wanted.

Tasteful photos of you in your pants! [:)]

I don't think you need a fancy diet - just a healthy one! Cut out drinking and junk food, have a go at cooking for yourself!

The photos look to be from last year - so I don't know what you look like now - but I would have thought, given your age, that OD training will get you pretty lean. A triathlete's body shape is pretty good - I would say perfect as it balances so many different disciplines!

• The book arrived! Read it last night, very interesting! worth a look!

Ill be following the diet soon and and be posting progress on my body blog. Dont be laughing at my bitch tits!

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    toxins....why do all these diets etc etc mention toxins? quantify, identify & tell me why my liver won't do its job, along with my kidneys in eliminating 'toxins'.
  • I think its an umbrella term for anything between neutral and nasty that exists in processed foods.

Its also pretty obvious that a lot of modern diets are focussed on unhealthy people.

what is your diet like?

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Sssh... Don't let people know that detoxing is complete bunkum/pseudo science, and, left to its own devices, your liver etc. is the only thing that actually does any detoxing, then you won't be able to sell loads of miracle diets, drinks, foods, colonic irrigation and the rest. Even worse, would be to tell people to avoid things that damage liver and kidneys - because then they would be spending less on drink, drugs, etc.

• im blogging it.

be kind,

and remember...i hate you guys

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/comanighttrain/

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    personally, I think you should stick to the warm urine and hot doggers diet......

Hydration and nutrition in a nutshell!
  • phew...i thought the first reply would contain the word rotund!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I've seen a lot worse-usually when I look in the mirror! [:o]
    My diet? Just polished off 2 slices of home made bread, followed by porridge (yes porridge!) with soy milk & a large coffee (fresh ground). Mid morning a fruit salad featuring apple,pear,satsuma, kiwi,mango,pineapple, plum,banana & strawberry. Lunch salad with roast turkey...salad cherry toms, radish, chinese leaf, beetroot (boiled not pickled),cucumber, spinach, red & green peppers & watercress.

Dinner ? not sure yet...
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Britspin wrote:
    Dinner ? not sure yet...

Fish and chips and a 2 litre bottle of Wavy Line Red Coloured Fizzy Drink?

didds

Well, first O/W swim of the year tonite..so prob beans on toast..quick, easy & warming...still home made bread BTW.
  • egads...i cooked a liver badly last night...was informed by my stomache at 5am this morning....bad start!
    ...and beans on toast it was..
    Shortly off to the markets to fill up on fresh fruit & veg, with fresh fish for lunch from Mr Satchwell in the indoor market, fruit mostly from Liam outside, some from Martin & salad from Paul. excellent quality & banter to accompany as they clearly think I am mad doing what I do...I am known as Jim..as in gym..I guess swimbikerun was too long. My point being I know these guys & have a relationship with them, they will tell me what good, what is best & what not to bother with to meet my high standards, this I don't get at Sainsburys, morrisons etc etc.
  • Feeling much better today...i ate 3 chicken breasts, a tomato, a lettuce, a carrot a pepper and half an onion, then yhoghurt and nuts and seeds, then half a block of cheese.

Britspin I think Ill try that...theres a couple of natural food shops nearby too (roots and fruits) a butchers and a farmers market...also arent morrisons a bit less dodgy than the rest?

So their adverts would have you believe...
  • oj...im not far off becoming a farmer :|
    What...what did I miss?