Home Chat General Chat

Bike Set-Up

shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
Hi Shadowone1, Ive got the same question really, wondering if you should do your bike setup (knee over pedal axis) in the aero position, so forward on the saddle, or rather do it inthe normal riding position which is further back on the saddle.

I have been trying to stretch my hamstrings and strengthen my lower back loads more recently and it has helped my lower back pains considerably. Its probably a mixture of things, saddle height, position and flexibility combined.

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Ok,

I'm now really peed at the state of my back and I'm trying to eliminate all possible causes of it.

The main one is the bike. I've been messing about with it for a while now, albeit I was on my bike on Sat and generallt felt fine so to get the current pain today I'm kinda thinking its not the bike.

However, what should I be looking for when setting the bike up with Zipp clip on aero bars?

I have my saddle quite high as I thought that too low a saddle may cause upper knee pain.

I try and make sure that when pedalling, my legs are generally straight and not over reaching for pedals and I've moved my saddle forward to get me closer to the aero bars.

I'm thinking thats where the problem might be and that I may need a shorter stem, but is this not the same thing essentially?

Any helpers?