Home Chat General Chat

Triathlons in the North

Anyone know of any popular triathlons in the north towards the end of the season?

London is looking like a pipedream at the moment due to cash [:(]

Comments

• jacjac Posts: 452
    There's a couple I'm looking at in September..a pool-based one at Saddleworth and an open-water in Leeds at Roundhay Park.

• andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    northwest tri is near chester......its in september and you can find the details at www.fun2tri.co.uk

hope to see you in it
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    How far north ? and what distance ?

There's a few sprints in and around the East Riding of Yorkshire

Driffield Tri 17/05/09, Wetherby Tri 24/05/09, Ripon Tri (olympic) 11/07/09, David Lloyd Hull Triathlon 02/08/09 ([8|]... Might do that one myself...) Beverley Tri (doing that one) Humber Sprint Tri (doing that one as well)
  • I like olympic length. . thanks for those ones tho, looking at leeds and chester. Sucks not having a car [:@]
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    i dont like olympic yet.....my first one is liverpool in June, i'm only doing the fun supersprint cause i'm not confident with the swim...but i'm training and confident i can do sprint distance in the chester one.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    How far north???? Got this page from Triathlon Scotland (as I believe you're a sweaty [;)])..........

http://www.britishtriathlon.org/events/results.php?month=&type=Standard+Distance&region=Scotland&event_name=&Submit=Search

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Not a tri, but I'm going up to God's Own Country to do the Humber Duathlon in September - 10km - 40k - 5k, all based around the Humber Bridge.
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Stockton on Tees Triathlon - MIG Event did it last year - very good - August.

Freebird events do 2 in York at Allerthorpe - Sprint and Olympic - June then August.

Cleveland Tri organise the Sprint - May - Olympic - June and HIM - July.

Go on TRIHARD they list loads in the north.

• I just entered the strathclyde tri...i have a sudden feeling of deep deep anxiety