Home Chat General Chat

ALDI Special - Cycling Gear

jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
Just had somebody buy me a pair of cycle shorts from Aldi and some very cheap cycling glasses. Not seen them yet though!

Comments

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Just a heads up as I noticed ALDI are doing cheap cycling stuff starting today, went along and got some bargins. Padded shorts with a reasonable chamois for £7, shirts for £7, gloves £3, soft shell jacket £17 plus other stuff I don't really need. ALDI Special Buys Thurs 7th May
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Well for a whole £10.48 I now have some interchangable lens glasses which seem perfectly OK and some padded cycling shorts - yet to try the shorts out but they also seem OK.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The socks are good...bit late but Lidl had some run socks a while ago, good if you can find them still, altho the sizing on the pack is weird..a 43-44 was labelled 12-13 I think, having bought the size down they are a little tight coming in at 8.5 UK, but labelled 10-11 if I recall.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Aldi running socks are in too...sizing is accurate too, marked left & right..is this a test or a reminder?
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Bought my 6 monthly Aldi 'fix' today:)

2 pairs of cycling shorts - pad doesnt come all around the front but fit is accurate.

1 pair of sunglasses - gona be used as a spare pair in my transition box just incase I forget to pack my 1st pair

1 showerproof jacket - fits well, not sure on breathability yet though

1 bike lock - gona be used as an extra lock for securing my tarmac s-works to the shed wall

1 pair of fingerless gloves (white) - fit better than my expensive pair of gloves - ill test the padding etc this weekend

1 pair of cycling 'pants' - possibly something I can use when I wear my skins during training.

Usually their kit is quite good, but build quality can be shoddy and fit can be random on certain items but at the end of the day at the price you pay it doesnt matter :)